I LOVE that the Kids Stay Home
I absolutely LOVE that my kids have an opportunity to stay at home during the day. Today I'm reminded of this after a nice phone conversation with Abby.
I called to check in and see how things were going. I had been thinking about them and wanted them to know that they were in my thoughts. I was talking with Carie and heard some noise of activity going on in the background so I asked what they were up to.
Carie hands the phone over to Abby to tell me all about what they are doing. Ellie, unfortunately, was taking an unusual nap so I didn't get to talk with her. But, Abby very excitedly told me that they were making muffins. She was even more excited that they were chocolate muffins. From the sound of her voice I could tell that she was beaming from ear to ear. They both love to help out in the kitchen and they are so proud of their results. For me, it is a lot of fun to have their help... especially in times where we aren't on a schedule and needing to be somewhere.
Carie must be feeling a bit homeky recently. They are making the muffins from scratch, which means that Abby has more things to dump, pour, and stir... no wonder she is in heaven; AND she just worked out a meal plan for the next couple of weeks; AND she and Spencer went grocery shopping while the girls' were in school. We are set!
I called to check in and see how things were going. I had been thinking about them and wanted them to know that they were in my thoughts. I was talking with Carie and heard some noise of activity going on in the background so I asked what they were up to.
Carie hands the phone over to Abby to tell me all about what they are doing. Ellie, unfortunately, was taking an unusual nap so I didn't get to talk with her. But, Abby very excitedly told me that they were making muffins. She was even more excited that they were chocolate muffins. From the sound of her voice I could tell that she was beaming from ear to ear. They both love to help out in the kitchen and they are so proud of their results. For me, it is a lot of fun to have their help... especially in times where we aren't on a schedule and needing to be somewhere.
Carie must be feeling a bit homeky recently. They are making the muffins from scratch, which means that Abby has more things to dump, pour, and stir... no wonder she is in heaven; AND she just worked out a meal plan for the next couple of weeks; AND she and Spencer went grocery shopping while the girls' were in school. We are set!



1 Comments:
Wow! Carie sounds awesome!! She and Jeannie would love each other...
Abby must be so cute in the kitchen... making a big ole' mess I'm sure.
I can't wait until the winter holidays. We have always been in charge of dessert for the whole family (you know the 150 of them) which takes about a week before thanksgiving and then 2-3 solid weeks of cooking before christmas... pounds and pounds of candy... hundreds of cookies, 2 dozen pies, and on and on and on... it'll be interesting to see if we can get it done this year with Charlie... and of course next year when he can help will be a blast!
Post a Comment
<< Home