Someone Mentioned Spring?
Thanks for checking in on us ladies!
According to K, it's nearly spring. K and Eliana must be seeing things!
Ellie (age 7) drew this during our PTA meeting the other night. She's clearly thinking of spring! I love all of the varieties, but I find her roses (like the red one in the top left) to be incredible. She's drawing them everywhere and in no time she can whip out this beautiful rose. Where did she learn this?

I however, can't get in the spirit of spring just yet. Oh, I look forward to it. I love spring. I had a glimpse of it when I picked out Carie's traditional gift of tulips for Valentine's Day! It's been so nice to have fresh tulips in our house. I've had another small glimpse of it as we start to plan for our spring plant sale.
But we are still faced with all this snow. So far we've had 56 1/2" this season and there's more on the way. It will be a while before all of our tulips start poking through the ground. But when they do, there will be much excitement.

At least the sun is out today! At a balmy 30 degrees, who needs a coat!?!?!?
This is a picture from this morning. Yes, that's our mailboxes poking out from the snow. At least the snow has melted enough that they are no longer completely covered. :)
Thankfully we DO have the reachable Christmas decorations down and packed away. The lights on the house though, they'll have to wait a bit longer.
According to K, it's nearly spring. K and Eliana must be seeing things!
Ellie (age 7) drew this during our PTA meeting the other night. She's clearly thinking of spring! I love all of the varieties, but I find her roses (like the red one in the top left) to be incredible. She's drawing them everywhere and in no time she can whip out this beautiful rose. Where did she learn this?
I however, can't get in the spirit of spring just yet. Oh, I look forward to it. I love spring. I had a glimpse of it when I picked out Carie's traditional gift of tulips for Valentine's Day! It's been so nice to have fresh tulips in our house. I've had another small glimpse of it as we start to plan for our spring plant sale.
But we are still faced with all this snow. So far we've had 56 1/2" this season and there's more on the way. It will be a while before all of our tulips start poking through the ground. But when they do, there will be much excitement.
At least the sun is out today! At a balmy 30 degrees, who needs a coat!?!?!?
This is a picture from this morning. Yes, that's our mailboxes poking out from the snow. At least the snow has melted enough that they are no longer completely covered. :)
Thankfully we DO have the reachable Christmas decorations down and packed away. The lights on the house though, they'll have to wait a bit longer.



6 Comments:
Glad to see an update! That rose drawing is incredible. I can't believe how much snow you have - we hardly have any!
What a great surprise. I don't think you could have picked a better way to come back than to post that picture of the flowers.
What an "budding" artist you have there. (pun intended:)
it's been mid 40's and I have sent the kids out every single day :) I can't WAIT for spring.
Thanks for posting.
What a beautiful picture - a budding artist. That's a lot of snow - one thing I don't miss about living in New England is having mounds and mounds of snow lingering for months. Hang in there!
How is everyone doing? Miss your posts.
It's summer now.
Just letting you know.
The joke goes..."ya like Christmas...you come once a year"
(insert blog for come)
Big changes are reported and then NOTHING posted ? What's up with that ?
Spill it !
Post a Comment
<< Home