Happy Thanksgiving!
Wishing you all a wonderful Thanksgiving!
The 2nd grade was asked to write persuasion papers about turkeys. We thought you would enjoy them as much as we did. Aside from the few words added in parenthesis, they are typed as they were written!
Ellie's Persuasion Paper
Save the Turkeys!
Don't you feel bad for turkeys this time of year? Well maybe you should eat something else. First of all turkeys are relly hard to find. What if you were hunting and a turkey bit you relly hard? Another reason is inside of the (turkey) after you cook it. The insides of the turkey is relly hot and dry like a desert. You could also eat a feather and get relly sick. Finally turkeys have sick wilderness germs. If you shoot a sick turkey (and) eat it all of you could get sick. So that's why you shouldn't eat (turkey) this year.
Abby's Persuasion Paper
Once-a-pon-a-time a Thanksgiving hunter spotted me for Thanksgiving. I'm a turkey and my name is Skywalker because I skywalk a lot. The hunters came over and I stopped them died (dead) in their tracks and said something they couldn't hear. Then I said you don't want to eat me because I'm not fat enough. You don't want to eat me up because I'm not a juicy turkey! Do you think I have too many f-feathers to pluck? I th-think I do. I stammerd. I also think I gotten a disease and I don't want to get you sick. Besides turkeys are a big bust! Why don't you try enchiladas? Enchiladas are great! Can't you try butternut squash soup? It's my favorite soup! Or you could eat ham sandwiches. Maybe you could have chicken! Mmmm chicken. Turkeys are boring to eat. You can always surprise your guests with new things. I want you to have something new for Thanksgiving this year. Good luck! By Abigail
The 2nd grade was asked to write persuasion papers about turkeys. We thought you would enjoy them as much as we did. Aside from the few words added in parenthesis, they are typed as they were written!
Ellie's Persuasion Paper
Save the Turkeys!
Don't you feel bad for turkeys this time of year? Well maybe you should eat something else. First of all turkeys are relly hard to find. What if you were hunting and a turkey bit you relly hard? Another reason is inside of the (turkey) after you cook it. The insides of the turkey is relly hot and dry like a desert. You could also eat a feather and get relly sick. Finally turkeys have sick wilderness germs. If you shoot a sick turkey (and) eat it all of you could get sick. So that's why you shouldn't eat (turkey) this year.
Abby's Persuasion Paper
Once-a-pon-a-time a Thanksgiving hunter spotted me for Thanksgiving. I'm a turkey and my name is Skywalker because I skywalk a lot. The hunters came over and I stopped them died (dead) in their tracks and said something they couldn't hear. Then I said you don't want to eat me because I'm not fat enough. You don't want to eat me up because I'm not a juicy turkey! Do you think I have too many f-feathers to pluck? I th-think I do. I stammerd. I also think I gotten a disease and I don't want to get you sick. Besides turkeys are a big bust! Why don't you try enchiladas? Enchiladas are great! Can't you try butternut squash soup? It's my favorite soup! Or you could eat ham sandwiches. Maybe you could have chicken! Mmmm chicken. Turkeys are boring to eat. You can always surprise your guests with new things. I want you to have something new for Thanksgiving this year. Good luck! By Abigail
Labels: 2nd Grade, Abigail, Eliana, Thanksgiving



3 Comments:
love both the girl's stories
OMG, those are awesome! I loved "sick wilderness germs" - I laughed out loud at that and Abby suggesting enchiladas. Oh, and the turkey named Skywalker - brilliant.
What a great assignment.
I have to say....Gabby's won me over. "she stammered" great writer in the making.
Post a Comment
<< Home