First Day of Second Grade
For the first day of school they literally rolled out the red carpet. Drop off was very much a party atmosphere with balloons, music, and the red carpets. Students met up with their teachers and new classmates outside in front of the building. Once everyone had been gathered, each class danced (some much more than others) their way into the building. It was a lot of fun and a great way to kick off their first day.









The girls were, again, super excited for the first day of school. We are thrilled that they continue to love school and look forward to all that it has to offer. Several days before school started we heard "I wish today was Tuesday so tomorrow could be our first day!"
After school today Abby said "I wish today was Thursday because we don't have homework on Wednesday!" Yes, you read that right. Our child was wishing for homework! Judging by the communications we've had thus far and reviewing their "assignment book", I think her disappointment will end very very soon.
Today is our short day/early out day. Our house is now buzzing with the excitement of 6 kids just completing their first day of the new school year + Spencer who can't wait for his first day tomorrow. They've had a delicious snack and now they have transformed into Backyard Kids who are rescuing animals.
I took today and tomorrow off! Between transportation stuff this morning, appointments in the middle, an early out day, and transportation this afternoon it didn't make any sense to try and go into work. More of the same tomorrow except it is a longer day for the bigger kids. In theory Carie and I have a couple of hours to hang out, kid free and appointment free, tomorrow afternoon. My first thought was... movie! However I’m sitting here in front of a huge pile of PTA papers and work that needs to be organized. We’ll see what wins!
OH... and we had first day of school outfits chosen for the girls. However, they had their own ideas. It didn't matter if it was going to be 90 degrees in the afternoon, Abby was wearing those pants. It didn't matter what we chose for Ellie, if it wasn't all pink it wasn't going to be worn. As soon as she found out that her 2nd grade teacher's favorite color was pink they bonded instantly and the girl was going to wear as much pink as possible.
The girls were, again, super excited for the first day of school. We are thrilled that they continue to love school and look forward to all that it has to offer. Several days before school started we heard "I wish today was Tuesday so tomorrow could be our first day!"
After school today Abby said "I wish today was Thursday because we don't have homework on Wednesday!" Yes, you read that right. Our child was wishing for homework! Judging by the communications we've had thus far and reviewing their "assignment book", I think her disappointment will end very very soon.
Today is our short day/early out day. Our house is now buzzing with the excitement of 6 kids just completing their first day of the new school year + Spencer who can't wait for his first day tomorrow. They've had a delicious snack and now they have transformed into Backyard Kids who are rescuing animals.
I took today and tomorrow off! Between transportation stuff this morning, appointments in the middle, an early out day, and transportation this afternoon it didn't make any sense to try and go into work. More of the same tomorrow except it is a longer day for the bigger kids. In theory Carie and I have a couple of hours to hang out, kid free and appointment free, tomorrow afternoon. My first thought was... movie! However I’m sitting here in front of a huge pile of PTA papers and work that needs to be organized. We’ll see what wins!
OH... and we had first day of school outfits chosen for the girls. However, they had their own ideas. It didn't matter if it was going to be 90 degrees in the afternoon, Abby was wearing those pants. It didn't matter what we chose for Ellie, if it wasn't all pink it wasn't going to be worn. As soon as she found out that her 2nd grade teacher's favorite color was pink they bonded instantly and the girl was going to wear as much pink as possible.
Labels: 2nd Grade



3 Comments:
Looks like it was a successful first day. It's great that the girls love school so much. Great pictures.
Happy first day. And wow it's mighty early in the summer for it to be the first day. Glad they love going. I hope I'm even half as lucky.
Seeing Abby come off the bus in that photo gave me chills. She's such a strong girl, and you are an awesome family.
Post a Comment
<< Home