Broadening Their Horizons
Carie just warned me...
"You should be aware that the girls really want to go to Red Lobster so they can order lobster tail."
It sounds like there was someone from Red Lobster showing off a real live lobster to their Animal Habitats class this morning. They got to touch/pet/hold this lobster and it left quite an impression. Apparently this person explained how they could go to the tank and pick out their own lobster to be cooked for dinner.
And apparently they were OKAY with this!
I have to say, this grosses me out!
Kudos to the teacher for thinking outside the box, but really? It just seems all sorts of wrong.
We've driven past this restaurant before but we've never been as a family and it has been years since I've personally been. It just isn't a restaurant that we go to. We aren't big into seafood and we live in Nebraska! They know exactly where this restaurant is and they want to go to this specific location.
I can see it now... they'll pick out their perfect lobsters that are walking around the bottom of this tank. Abby will talk to her lobster and they'll bond immediately. Then I see two possible outcomes...
1) They'll be mortified that their lobsters are dead!
2) They'll want to keep the shell.
Either way, I'm not anticipating it will be pretty.
"You should be aware that the girls really want to go to Red Lobster so they can order lobster tail."
It sounds like there was someone from Red Lobster showing off a real live lobster to their Animal Habitats class this morning. They got to touch/pet/hold this lobster and it left quite an impression. Apparently this person explained how they could go to the tank and pick out their own lobster to be cooked for dinner.
And apparently they were OKAY with this!
I have to say, this grosses me out!
Kudos to the teacher for thinking outside the box, but really? It just seems all sorts of wrong.
We've driven past this restaurant before but we've never been as a family and it has been years since I've personally been. It just isn't a restaurant that we go to. We aren't big into seafood and we live in Nebraska! They know exactly where this restaurant is and they want to go to this specific location.
I can see it now... they'll pick out their perfect lobsters that are walking around the bottom of this tank. Abby will talk to her lobster and they'll bond immediately. Then I see two possible outcomes...
1) They'll be mortified that their lobsters are dead!
2) They'll want to keep the shell.
Either way, I'm not anticipating it will be pretty.



2 Comments:
Oh dear. I see outcome #1 happening!
LOL!!!! Justus had been asking for lobster for weeks. I had some points stored up from a website and was able to get some gift certificates. He loved visiting the lobsters and really enjoyed his "lobster" (popcorn shrimp). He dosn't know the difference yet and I wasn't about to spend $30+ on a lobster dinner for him. Daddy got a lobster tail with his dinner so he was able to try real lobster.
Post a Comment
<< Home