Friday, April 24, 2009

Sidelines Schmidelines

Yeah, it has already begun.

Carie & Spencer ran up to school this morning to take some fresh strawberries to Abby & Ellie's classrooms for snacks. As usual, near the end of the year the teachers’ snack supply runs low. Not to mention the kiddos are way tired of the usual gold fish crackers, graham crackers, and pretzels. We refuse to donate those items for a variety of reasons... one of which is variety people, variety. The kids are way tired of the non-nutritional usual and are way excited when we show up with snacks. We've never taken strawberries before but our local grocery store had a sale that made it doable. We did manage to hold back a couple pounds out of the 2 flats that went to school. I'm sure they'll polish them off! Gosh, it won't be long before we are supplying snacks for 3 classrooms. Ouch!

So I was hanging back at home waiting for the brownies to finish up in the oven. All part of the "baked goods" that we are taking for something... perhaps the "cake walk"? I figured I could hang out a few more minutes to wrap up the brownie and the marshmallow layers then head off to work. Carie would then finish up the top layer after it all cooled and again make another trip to school. Well, it took longer than I anticipated and I thought surely Carie and Spencer would be returning “any minute”... but they didn't. For some odd reason I began to worry. Unfortunately Carie didn't have her cell phone with her… which was entirely my fault.

So I go on to work but their whereabouts are still bugging me. They are often out and about but I couldn't think of anything that she had planned to do... except come home, shower and get some cleaning done. All of which you cannot do out and about. She hadn’t mentioned anything else and we had just gone to the store the night before.

Finally we connect and I'm so relieved. I don't know why, but this morning it really concerned me to not be in contact with her. Of course I feared the worst!

Turns out... Carie and Spencer helped setup several carnival games while they were at school. It sounds like Spencer had great fun filling up the lollypop tree!

Then she ended up leaving with an extra kid and she took Spencer & Jenna to lunch before finally returning home. She said she thought about calling me while they were at lunch but didn't borrow a phone because they would be home soon. Not to mention the whereabouts of her phone was bugging her.

One of the many things going on at school today is K roundup... and Jenna fits into that category. Jenna's mom is on the carnival committee and highly involved in key tasks. Carie already provides after school care for her 1st grade daughter. So we offered to take Jenna so she could more easily do her last minute carnival stuff. I believe I'll still call that "carnival help". LOL

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

I get really stressed if I don't know where Kim is either. She used to have a really bad habit of not calling if she was going to be late. I had to "train" her. LOL. She's much better now because she knows I worry!

6:45 PM, April 26, 2009  
Blogger Tanya said...

Your such good mommies! And I swear I never remember getting a snack in elementary school, lucky kids.

11:06 PM, April 26, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home