Monday, June 08, 2009

That "Pony" I Spoke Of...

Introducing...

Happy girl #1... Eliana with her new fury friend Midnight. Midnight is an Abyssinian (Abby) guinea pig. She is fury with rosettes all over her body. I wanted to take this one home with me Friday night when I was out researching our options. But I waited as we really wanted them to choose. I was excited when Ellie fell in love with her.

Happy girl #2... Abigail with her new fury friend Chocolate. Chocolate is a Crested guinea pig with an adorable little rosette on the top of her head. Her coloring is beautiful and the lighter highlights totally remind me of the coloring in Abby's hair. Her fur is soft and fuzzy, but not nearly as long as Midnights. Abby knew instantly that this was the one for her.







As of Saturday morning we hadn't yet made our special plans for the day. Leading up to the day the girls didn't really have any ideas and come Friday afternoon the doctor confirmed that Abby isn't quite ready for pool water. She has one primary wound that needs to heal a bit longer and then we can go swimming!
But given the new birthday gift plans, we knew that our day would be entirely focused on all things guinea pigs... and it was. The girls (& Spencer) were so excited that it was a challenge to get them to leave the poor guinea pigs alone to acclimate to their new space. But I'm happy to say that the first 48 hours of the transition has gone well.
I'm happy to report that my allergies are holding up! I have to say that we were a little concerned given my cat allergies. This was one area that we would have ideally researched more thoroughly before taking the plunge. But I held the guinea pigs in the store for a good long while and I did okay. I can't even hold a kitten without having a huge reaction that lasts for days.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Tracey said...

They are SO CUTE!! Great gift giving moms!

2:17 PM, June 08, 2009  
Blogger Shannon said...

Awesome gift! I love guinea pigs and had one for about five years. They are great pets and make the best noises. :)

Happy birthday Abby and Ellie!

5:15 PM, June 08, 2009  
Blogger Tanya said...

Look at the happy new mommies :)

1:21 PM, June 10, 2009  
Blogger Rainbow Momma said...

Adorable!

9:25 PM, June 12, 2009  
Blogger gabrielle said...

very cute guinea pigs

6:20 PM, June 13, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home