Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Transition

Spencer has made the big transition from crib to big boy bed. I'm happy to report it is going extremely well!

Sunday morning he helped us determine where his new bed should go and then helped with the minimal assembly required. He was interested, but not really excited. I was curious to see how it would all play out. We then made his new bed with spare sheets and such while the search was on for a special set of sheets just for him.

The transition began Sunday afternoon with nap. We asked him where he would like to sleep and he chose his big bed. He climbed up into his new bed, laid down, and just went to sleep. Wow!

Though, our timing couldn't have been more off. He's clearly going through a growth spurt and that coupled with the change of sleeping arrangements have him up during the night. Then, what were we thinking? It is season premier week! We could have totally jeopardized our evenings with this transition. LOL

Aside from the little bit of restlessness that will pass, all is grand.

Yesterday, after an incredible amount of searching, I happened to find a set of sheets that resembled what we were looking for. Last night Carie washed them and this morning she pulled them out of the dryer. I'm so glad I was here to witness his reaction. He was so excited about his new sheets. He saw them and exclaimed "thank you Momma, THANK YOU!!!!!" in his most excited voice ever.

This afternoon Carie put the new sheets on his bed prior to nap. He went up to his room for a nap and noticed his ball sheets and exclaimed "thank you Mommy, they are BEAUTIFUL!!!!"

This transition, thus far, has been night and day different from the transition the girls' made at about the same age. The differences are amazing and thank goodness they are. I'm not sure we could have survived another one of those transitions! LOL

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home