Sunday, September 09, 2007

A Family Day

Another awesome day on the books.

The boy woke early, per his new routine. He cuddled in bed with us for a bit, then turned over and requested a show. That gave me another 20ish minutes to come to grips with the reality that I must get out of bed.

The boy and I then went downstairs with the hopes that Mommy could get a few more z's. A real treat for her! The boy and I had great quality play time. He was in heaven with his new box of marbles. He loves marbles! We built marble mazes, raced marbles, and figured out that it was cool to race the marbles down tubes... tubes that really belong to the swimming pool that has been disassembled. But it was "cool"! Mommy dislikes marbles about as much as Spencer loves them. We probably ought not tell her about the dozens of marbles that are likely under the couch. I'll retrieve/rescue them soon!

















Then slowly other members of the household came to and we decided that a trip to the Children's zoo would be a good thing to do today. The Children's Zoo will only be open for another month, so our time was running out to get another visit it. We also got to use the rest of our passes for a couple of train rides and a few pony rides. The butterfly pavilion was also open, though clearly about to close for the season. The kids didn't know though and they had a great time.

It was also our first jeans and jackets day in months. The weather has taken quite a turn and we are thoroughly enjoying it.



















We then stopped by Grandpa & Grandma's house for Spencer to take a nap and ended up spending the rest of the day in Lincoln. After going out to dinner with Grandpa & Grandma we headed home and arrived with just enough time to ride bikes "for 5 minutes". Nearly every time we come home Spencer asks to ride bikes "for a minute" or "for 5 minutes". Then it was off to bed! We managed to get lights out nearer to our goal time than I anticipated. Yay!

Back to reality tomorrow.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

Looks like a perfect day!
I can't wait for jeans and jacket weather!

5:33 AM, September 10, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love the butterfly pic and oh my gosh is he adorable with those marbles!!! I won't tell Mommy about the tons that must be under the furniture :)

9:00 AM, September 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home