A Lull
It's been a week without activity... on the blog that is. We've had a bit of downtime at home as well, but there never seems to be a dull moment. This seems to be the time of year where we find relief from our busy summer schedule. It is nice to have some downtime!
We've been keeping busy with school stuff and soccer twice a week. We've had a school skate party, PTA meetings, and a fundraiser already.
We also hacked up the landscaping in our front yard and hauled all the trimmings away. That was quite an effort! But we totally scored on dumping all the stuff! But hey, at least our yard now looks trimmed. That would be just the front yard though. The back is still in sad shape. But we have plans, big plans for the backyard. Thank goodness those plans do not involve heavy machinery. I couldn't take that again!
We even started cleaning out the garage and wow does it look so much better. It is nice not feeling that instant cringe when we open the garage door and pull in. To finish it off we just need to figure out how to better store some items... specifically the pile of kid items. I am determined to get the car into the garage come winter, determined I say!
Spencer just turned 28 months old and I've been meaning to write about all he's been doing. Maybe I'll get around to it before he turns 29 months, maybe not.
Labor Day weekend was thoroughly enjoyed with a long 4-day weekend. The much anticipated college football season has begun. We relaxed, watched, and cheered our Huskers onto victory with their opening game on Saturday. We can hardly wait until the next game, which is just this coming Saturday. This looks to be a promising year for our Huskers!
On Sunday we enjoyed some time at a nearby pool/water park that was set to close after the weekend. The pool season has finally come to an end. However, swim lessons are just around the corner.
Monday was more relaxing combined with a bit of shopping and a nice lunch out. Nice in that it wasn't fast food for a change! I then got to play with my camera and new gadgets for a bit before tackling the garage project.
Now we are trying to get back into the groove of everyday life after 4 days of playing.
We've been keeping busy with school stuff and soccer twice a week. We've had a school skate party, PTA meetings, and a fundraiser already.
We also hacked up the landscaping in our front yard and hauled all the trimmings away. That was quite an effort! But we totally scored on dumping all the stuff! But hey, at least our yard now looks trimmed. That would be just the front yard though. The back is still in sad shape. But we have plans, big plans for the backyard. Thank goodness those plans do not involve heavy machinery. I couldn't take that again!
We even started cleaning out the garage and wow does it look so much better. It is nice not feeling that instant cringe when we open the garage door and pull in. To finish it off we just need to figure out how to better store some items... specifically the pile of kid items. I am determined to get the car into the garage come winter, determined I say!
Spencer just turned 28 months old and I've been meaning to write about all he's been doing. Maybe I'll get around to it before he turns 29 months, maybe not.
Labor Day weekend was thoroughly enjoyed with a long 4-day weekend. The much anticipated college football season has begun. We relaxed, watched, and cheered our Huskers onto victory with their opening game on Saturday. We can hardly wait until the next game, which is just this coming Saturday. This looks to be a promising year for our Huskers!
On Sunday we enjoyed some time at a nearby pool/water park that was set to close after the weekend. The pool season has finally come to an end. However, swim lessons are just around the corner.
Monday was more relaxing combined with a bit of shopping and a nice lunch out. Nice in that it wasn't fast food for a change! I then got to play with my camera and new gadgets for a bit before tackling the garage project.
Now we are trying to get back into the groove of everyday life after 4 days of playing.
Labels: Family



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home