Monday, September 17, 2007

The Joys Of The Season

Saturday morning started out with a chilly 38 degrees. I can attest to it being unbelievably cold since we were at the girls' soccer game at 8:30 that morning. We totally should have had more layers on us but it seems easy to forget just how cold 38 really is. It has been so long! The high was supposed to be 62. I'm not positive it ever made it! I do recall it making it to 57 though.

After soccer we returned home and the kids were treated to hot chocolate with marshmallows! We then putzed around the house the rest of the morning and totally vegged out the entire afternoon and evening. The chili turned out fantastic, if I do say so myself. Thanks to Betsie for making and sharing those divine cinnamon rolls. We also made, at the last minute, a pot of corn chowder from a recipe Carie has wanted to try. It turned out good and Carie really enjoyed it. It was incredible comfort food on an incredibly chilly and relaxing day. It was great to hang out with the kids. It was great to give them time to just relax and be. I love how they are able to play so well together... and thoroughly enjoy it. They also really enjoyed having everyone at our house.

Sunday was another relaxing day. The temps were warmer and the kids enjoyed playing outside. That afternoon they decided that choir would be great. Well, at first Abby didn’t think she wanted to go but it wasn't long before she changed her mind. Spencer ended up going as well and it sounds like he had a great time once he warmed up. There are a lot of great motions to the current song and it fits him just perfect. I'll be surprised though if he opts to stand with the group and sing during service. Time will tell.

Today we are back to a balmy 90 degrees.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home