Running Away
What a weekend... and it is only Saturday night. Nothing like a busy weekend to cap off a busy week. I think we'll have a "stay at home day" tomorrow. Except, the errand we must run and choir in the afternoon and and and…
So tonight we get home after being gone for 12 hours. We are all tired. We are all spent. It is approaching bedtime, but it certainly is not past bedtime. Carie and I are looking like raccoons after inappropriately (or not) applying proper sunscreen. We all concur that it is time to get jammies on and head upstairs.
Then... Spencer lost it. He totally lost it and we had meltdown city. After Carie was done wrangling him and his jammies he ran across the room yelling "I'm running away!!!!"
I know it just sounds like he was just running across the room. But every bit of his actions indicated that he'd be happy to run far far away. Size and age doesn’t matter, he’s outta here.
Dude, you’re 2! How about we cuddle and rock? I picked him up, we cuddled, he yelled some more and threw out ultimatums left and right, we rocked, and he went to bed. I think all is good now. I guess we’ll really know in the morning.
I thought they would all be a bit older before we heard the first threats of wanting to run away!
So tonight we get home after being gone for 12 hours. We are all tired. We are all spent. It is approaching bedtime, but it certainly is not past bedtime. Carie and I are looking like raccoons after inappropriately (or not) applying proper sunscreen. We all concur that it is time to get jammies on and head upstairs.
Then... Spencer lost it. He totally lost it and we had meltdown city. After Carie was done wrangling him and his jammies he ran across the room yelling "I'm running away!!!!"
I know it just sounds like he was just running across the room. But every bit of his actions indicated that he'd be happy to run far far away. Size and age doesn’t matter, he’s outta here.
Dude, you’re 2! How about we cuddle and rock? I picked him up, we cuddled, he yelled some more and threw out ultimatums left and right, we rocked, and he went to bed. I think all is good now. I guess we’ll really know in the morning.
I thought they would all be a bit older before we heard the first threats of wanting to run away!
Labels: The Boy



2 Comments:
Running away at 2? Oh my, are you going to have your hands full with this boy. :)
LOL!!! Where is he going to go?
Post a Comment
<< Home