Thursday, September 20, 2007

Big Boy Bed

We are on our way to acquiring the boy a new bed... a big boy bed. Soon it will be reality that our house will be crib free. How in the world did that happen so fast!?!?!?

He loves his crib. He is an awesome sleeper. When he's ready for bed, be it nap or at bedtime, he just.goes.to.sleep. This is so new to us!!! We've heard that children can do this but we've not had 1st hand experience. Why oh why we are tempting fate by changing it up, I don't know.

Except, well, he will outgrow his crib. By some standards he has outgrown it long ago. We could convert it to a "toddler bed" but in reality he's so close to outgrowing his crib mattress. So, we are going to take the plunge and just make that single big transition.

We've been casually looking at furniture options not knowing exactly what we wanted but knew exactly what we didn't want. We've been looking for that really awesome deal because oh my goodness the price tags are crazy. We also have this memory of scoring a great deal on the girls' set less than 3 years ago. So we wait and we look.

Then I came across what appeared to be the perfect solution on craigslist. These don't come up very often and when they do they are gone incredibly fast, for good reason. Luckily I seemed to be 2nd in line on my inquiry. Luckily the 1st person decided to pass on even looking at it. So after class on Monday night Carie stopped by to take a look. It was such a great deal that I didn't even care to look at it. I encouraged her to make the call. She took it!

So the plan is that we'll be picking up the big boy bed Friday evening. We'll assemble it, evaluate it in our space, and make the final decision if this is the set for us. In anticipation of it all I went and bought him a new mattress that we'll pick up after we pick up the furniture. It is so much easier the 2nd time around! We knew what we wanted and didn't spend all the time doing the information gathering that we had done before.

We've got one "extra" good mattress pad (though leaving us with no spare good ones in case of emergency) and plenty of extra girly sheets. All we really want to do yet is find a set of boy sheets that suit him. I'm sure he'll love using the girls' sheets; after all purple is one of his favorite colors. But I know how much he loves his ball sheets on his crib. He loves them so much that he immediately notices if they are missing... "Hey, where did the balls go?" I'm sure we'll find the perfect set on clearance at the most unexpected time. It often seems to work out that way.

The other exciting news is that I happened to also stumble across a posting for a stove. While we don't "need" a new stove, this may be just what we've been wanting. This may seriously bring harmony into our home! Sad but true. Theoretically we are supposed to pick that up this weekend as well. Another rare deal and it was just our lucky week.

We'll see if it all comes to fruition this weekend.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Kerry said...

Sonya

We found ball sheets at walmart about 6 months ago. They are light blue with basketballs,footballs etc. Conlan is a total ball freak but his new conquest is star wars.

5:32 PM, September 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home