Friday, September 28, 2007

The Boy - Month 27

Spencer Rylan,

You have now turned 27 months old... you are practically 2 1/2 already! I'm not ready to yet call it 2 1/2 as we have another full month of your love, energy, and antics to savor.

Just a few days before turning 27 months old you made the big transition into your new big boy bed. I've loved witnessing your excitement over your new bed. Really though, you could care less about the actual bed. It is all about the sheets for you. You absolutely love your ball sheets. It might be wise of me to pick up a spare set! The only thing missing in this picture is your football. You've suddenly taken an interest in taking your football to bed with you and cuddling it like a stuffed friend. Of course we let you because it is too darn cute and it clearly makes you happy.













You are amazingly in tune with your needs. This is nothing new really. I just continue to be amazed. When we are out and about I love how you tell us when you are done and ready to go home. You know your limits and when you are ready to be removed from that environment. When it is meal time, it is meal time and you know it. I love that you know that you are hungry and that eating will make your body feel better. I love that you know when you are tired and ready for a nap or bed. Your "I'm sleepy" and "It's past bedtime" cracks me up.

You have an incredible love/hate relationship with "fiders". They intrigue you. You clearly want to explore. You think the "fider webs" are "so cool". But they also freak you out, especially when the "fiders" are moving.

I love listening to you talk. Thank goodness I do because you have a lot to say! You have something to say about everything. I love that you have a need to know "where are going" or "what we doing" all the time. So, we'll talk in depth about where we are going and what we are doing. Then you'll ask all over again just to make conversation. After your repeated question we'll ask you to answer your own question and you always know the answer. It never seems to stop you from asking repeatedly though.

You fill us with so much love. It melts my heart when I hear "I love you Momma" out of the blue. I hope to hold onto your little boy loves and cuddles forever.

Love,
Momma

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

That is so cute! What a sweet little boy!

BTW - I love his sheets. We absolutely MUST get Andrew a set of those when he's ready for the big boy bed!

2:56 PM, September 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home