Spring?? Weather
This weather is sure throwing us for a loop! We had a taste of incredible spring weather. Oh did we all love that spring weather! Now it feels like there's not a glimpse of spring around us anymore. The poor flowers were beginning to bloom beautifully. The trees, oh the beautiful blooming and budding trees and bushes that are no more. It will certainly be interesting to see how nature comes out of this cold spell.
And then there's soccer. I don't know who's more disappointed, the girls' or I. I think they are taking it better than I am. I've just been so excited for them and it is disappointing that their games keep getting cancelled. While I don't look forward to the days of being huddled on the sidelines in the freezing cold and damp air, I want to watch my kids play soccer! I want their excitement to come to fruition.
We were driving to school this morning and as we passed the soccer fields I broached the subject of tonight's game. I mentioned that it didn't look like anyone was going to be able to play tonight. They hadn't yet been cancelled, but that was definitely the fate. The girls took it pretty well. They witnessed all the rain, they knew it was freezing (literally) and it made sense to them. They were also excited about the rain, using their umbrellas, and getting to preschool.
So we set sights onto the next game scheduled for Saturday morning. I'm not even going to get anyone's hopes (my hopes!) up for that one since it is so unlikely to happen. We are predicted to get snow Friday to Saturday. Maybe next Wednesday? I don't know, if the weather forecast is at all accurate, it is supposed to be another soggy day.
And then there's soccer. I don't know who's more disappointed, the girls' or I. I think they are taking it better than I am. I've just been so excited for them and it is disappointing that their games keep getting cancelled. While I don't look forward to the days of being huddled on the sidelines in the freezing cold and damp air, I want to watch my kids play soccer! I want their excitement to come to fruition.
We were driving to school this morning and as we passed the soccer fields I broached the subject of tonight's game. I mentioned that it didn't look like anyone was going to be able to play tonight. They hadn't yet been cancelled, but that was definitely the fate. The girls took it pretty well. They witnessed all the rain, they knew it was freezing (literally) and it made sense to them. They were also excited about the rain, using their umbrellas, and getting to preschool.
So we set sights onto the next game scheduled for Saturday morning. I'm not even going to get anyone's hopes (my hopes!) up for that one since it is so unlikely to happen. We are predicted to get snow Friday to Saturday. Maybe next Wednesday? I don't know, if the weather forecast is at all accurate, it is supposed to be another soggy day.
Labels: Kid Activities, Spring, The Girls



1 Comments:
I was just blogging about this. This weather is just awful, and I can imagine it's worse for you out where you are. Where is spring? Last week I was out walking at lunchtime and I saw the first cherry blossoms blooming, which there were snowflakes coming down.
I'm sorry the girls are going to miss their first soccer games. That bites.
Post a Comment
<< Home