Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Soccer Gear - Acquired!

If it's all about the gear - we officially have soccer players!

Ellie had a follow-up appointment (ear re-check) with the Ped after preschool today. I then decided to make it into a special outing for the three of us. I figured we were out of the pick up/drop off routine anyways, Carie would need to go ahead and feed the kiddo's at home without waiting for us, Abby's been recently asking for a special lunch out, and getting their soccer gear was on our to do list.

So we did just that.

After the Ped's appointment we headed to the soccer store. I knew it was coming, but dang is it expensive to outfit soccer players. I hope they like the game and I hope they can wear these same uniforms again! We got the required uniform consisting of jersey, shorts, socks, and shin guards. They don't need cleats, but I was 1/2 tempted to pick some up since there was a clearance table and everything was 50% off the already greatly reduced prices. Since they don't need them, I didn't get them. The girls tried on their gear to make sure everything fit. I'm glad they were there to try things on! If it were just me going in I would have bought youth XS and we ended up with youth S. Thank goodness the elastic is great in the shorts. Keeping them on may not be the problem I thought it would be.

They chose their numbers, Abby confidently stuck with #10 and Ellie first tried #95 (which didn't fit on her jersey) and then happily chose #4. Then of course Ellie tried the jersey on again after the number was added. She was rather disappointed that she couldn't see her own number.


Then we were off to our special lunch out with just the three of us.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

I hope the girls enjoy their jerseys, even if they can't see the numbers, lol. When do they start soccer?

11:48 AM, March 22, 2007  
Blogger Denise said...

Just wait until they need cleats!!! We're not buying them for Gemma this season either since I don't think she'll run seriously enough to need them (-: Rowan has not moved into wearing adult-sized cleats which are double the cost of the kid-sized ones. She eason starts Monday and her cleats don't fit - guess where we are going this weekend.

I hope the girls like the game. It is a great sport.

6:49 AM, March 23, 2007  
Blogger Denise said...

Oops, that is Rowan has moved into adult-sized cleats.

6:50 AM, March 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh wow, i can't beleive the kids are old enough to play sports. wow. i am twiddling my thumbs waiting for maggie to be able to play ball. one more year!!!!
hugs to all,
rae

7:47 PM, March 28, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home