Activity Transition
Swimming lessons, for this session, are over. The girls continue to have quite a lot of fun taking swimming lessons and I'm sure we will resume them in the near future. But we aren't yet willing to overlap activities and we must make choices. We are also starting to have some really nice days as we head into spring, days that I'd like to spend outside rather than at an indoor swimming pool twice a week.
We are on a short hiatus before we begin our first experience in soccer! The girls asked to play soccer, so here we go. They will have games twice a week @ 5:30 on Wednesday's and 9:30 on Saturday's.
They are on a 6-person team, the same team, all comprised of girls. We've just learned that their team name is "Soccer Princesses". I don't know who came up with the name, it certainly wasn't me. Carie shared that information with the girls this afternoon and they hugged her like there was no tomorrow. They are in heaven!
Ellie: "Will Sleeping Beauty would be on our team?"
Carie: "No, but princess Eliana will be."
We should go get their uniforms soon. I'm told that the uniforms are comprised of a jersey, shorts, socks, and knee guards. Wow, all decked out for their first experience.
Ellie is a bit displeased that all of the uniforms will be red and white. She thinks, at minimum, each team should have their own color. They have decided that they want numbers on their jersey. I'm told that is possible - I hope that is possible! Long ago Abby decided that she wanted to be #10. She is set pretty firm on being #10. Ellie's decided that she wants to be #95 (Lightning McQueen's #) and if she can't be #95 she wants to be #4.
We've also learned that cousin Lexy will be playing in the same league and Aunt Susie (my Aunt) gets to coach her team. The girls asked how Aunt Susie gets to be a coach. Great question that even Aunt Susie is pondering! The girls decided that she'll wear a whistle and that will make her a coach. They'll get to play each other and I'm told that (my) Grandpa and Grandma (our girls Great Grandpa & Grandma) already have it on their calendars.
We are on a short hiatus before we begin our first experience in soccer! The girls asked to play soccer, so here we go. They will have games twice a week @ 5:30 on Wednesday's and 9:30 on Saturday's.
They are on a 6-person team, the same team, all comprised of girls. We've just learned that their team name is "Soccer Princesses". I don't know who came up with the name, it certainly wasn't me. Carie shared that information with the girls this afternoon and they hugged her like there was no tomorrow. They are in heaven!
Ellie: "Will Sleeping Beauty would be on our team?"
Carie: "No, but princess Eliana will be."
We should go get their uniforms soon. I'm told that the uniforms are comprised of a jersey, shorts, socks, and knee guards. Wow, all decked out for their first experience.
Ellie is a bit displeased that all of the uniforms will be red and white. She thinks, at minimum, each team should have their own color. They have decided that they want numbers on their jersey. I'm told that is possible - I hope that is possible! Long ago Abby decided that she wanted to be #10. She is set pretty firm on being #10. Ellie's decided that she wants to be #95 (Lightning McQueen's #) and if she can't be #95 she wants to be #4.
We've also learned that cousin Lexy will be playing in the same league and Aunt Susie (my Aunt) gets to coach her team. The girls asked how Aunt Susie gets to be a coach. Great question that even Aunt Susie is pondering! The girls decided that she'll wear a whistle and that will make her a coach. They'll get to play each other and I'm told that (my) Grandpa and Grandma (our girls Great Grandpa & Grandma) already have it on their calendars.
Labels: Abigail, Eliana, Kid Activities, The Girls



1 Comments:
well I would think at the very least a team called the soccer princesses would have pink uniforms..LOL what a great name
Post a Comment
<< Home