Abby's Boat Is Docked
Last night as we were preparing to head up for bed I asked the girls about their boats.
Ellie informed me that her motor boat was all painted now. She painted it pink and red and pink and red. I'm sure it is quite beautiful!
Abby informed me that her boat was put away.
I acknowledged her answer and then did a quick topic shift. We had a lengthy discussion about other stuff going on in their lives. Then I rounded back to the boats. Abby informed me again that her boat was put away.
I asked her why her boat was put away. She said she didn't know why.
I know exactly why it was put away. She didn't want to have the rules of staying in her bed looming over her. This is what happens every single time. She is fully on board for a few nights and then looks for ways out of it.
I could tell she was a bit off last night. Sure enough, it took forever for them to go to sleep. They did very well at staying in their bed though, and that is really what I'm looking to accomplish. Who needs sleep?
Fortunately she was able to sleep in this morning until Mommy woke her up at 9:15 (ouch, stop throwing those stones). Yeah, I know there's a theory about waking them earlier in the morning and that would help with the bedtime stuff. We've tried that with absolutely no positive affect. All last school year was a struggle in the morning and a struggle in the evening. It often felt like we were spiraling out of control in the sleep area. Naps aren't an option unless we don't want them to go to bed until 2am. Even the smallest amount of nap pushes bed time out drastically.
Ellie informed me that her motor boat was all painted now. She painted it pink and red and pink and red. I'm sure it is quite beautiful!
Abby informed me that her boat was put away.
I acknowledged her answer and then did a quick topic shift. We had a lengthy discussion about other stuff going on in their lives. Then I rounded back to the boats. Abby informed me again that her boat was put away.
I asked her why her boat was put away. She said she didn't know why.
I know exactly why it was put away. She didn't want to have the rules of staying in her bed looming over her. This is what happens every single time. She is fully on board for a few nights and then looks for ways out of it.
I could tell she was a bit off last night. Sure enough, it took forever for them to go to sleep. They did very well at staying in their bed though, and that is really what I'm looking to accomplish. Who needs sleep?
Fortunately she was able to sleep in this morning until Mommy woke her up at 9:15 (ouch, stop throwing those stones). Yeah, I know there's a theory about waking them earlier in the morning and that would help with the bedtime stuff. We've tried that with absolutely no positive affect. All last school year was a struggle in the morning and a struggle in the evening. It often felt like we were spiraling out of control in the sleep area. Naps aren't an option unless we don't want them to go to bed until 2am. Even the smallest amount of nap pushes bed time out drastically.



1 Comments:
Sleeping in until being woken at 9:15? Okay, I'm still wrapping my mind around that one, lol.
It sounds like the boat idea did the trick though, at least until you need to come up with you're next idea. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home