Spencer's 8 Months

What an amazing month!
Spencer began his mobility on the evening of Thanksgiving, right at 7 months old. He is now very mobile and quite curious. Nothing gets in his way. This week he was found going up the stairs. One evening he tried helping Mommy with dishes by climbing on top of the dishwasher. When I'm holding him I constantly feel like I'm a mountain he's trying to scale.
Mere days after figuring out how to move his hands and legs in unison he began pulling himself to a standing position. He's getting quite cocky about it. Who needs to hold on? The solid object is merely used to lean against. He's willing to move from couch to couch as long as it is within reach.
He's had a rough month medically. Right about the 7m mark he was diagnosed with his 3rd ear infection. This would be the ear infection that wouldn't go away. A full month later, after flunking 3 oral antibiotics he finally received relief after a course of 3 rocephrin shots. He's now seen the ENT, who has declared his ears as "healing". He still has fluid that appears to be resolving. We are to use some maintenance meds for a short time to help with the continued healing and help keep ear infections at bay for the next few weeks. If this works, we'll postpone ear tubes. If he gets another infection while on the maintenance meds, it looks like tubes will be a distinct option.
Even though his ears are "clear", something else is going on. He's just not himself. I'm hoping it is "just" all the other stuff that the rest of the family is recovering from and I hope we all find some healthy and healing days soon.



1 Comments:
WTG Spencer on all the accomplishments. I really hope though that his ears will clear and no more infections anytime soon.
Post a Comment
<< Home