Thursday, December 29, 2005

Christmas Day Memories

A few moments that I'd like to hold on to for a good long time...

Watching the girls' reaction when they realized/remembered that Santa had visited.

Watching them open their stocking gifts. They thoroughly enjoyed all of their other gifts, but the simple ones were the best.

Seeing Ellie prepare for a descent down the stairs in her sled. She had gathered many of her friends as they were going to take the ride with her. At first I didn't realize that was her intent, but as soon as I saw her hop in her sled I put a kink in her plans. I might have let her follow through with it if there wasn't a wall in her way, but it just didn't seem like a safe option.

Carie and I laughing uncontrollably over spilled eggs. The full story below...

It was the end of the day, and while we had a relaxing day we were still unbelievably tired. To put it in perspective, we are more tired now than any of the newborn sleep deprived days... hands down.

The girls' and I were preparing dinner. We had planned on tossing an already prepared meatloaf and baked potatoes into the oven, but when it came down to it we weren't that hungry. So we went with plan B, turkey salad sandwiches, deviled eggs, fruit, etc...

It was all nearly prepared. Carie was setting the table. I began to pass the plates of food to her to place on the table. Well in one of the hand off's, she ended up with an empty plate... all of the deviled eggs had slid right off the plate. Kind of like pulling a tablecloth off a fully set table. The eggs were a little wet and the plate was slick... they had no chance. Most of the eggs landed on the stove while a couple made it as far as the floor. The dogs were right there and took care of the one's on the floor. The stove was no big deal. Enough of the eggs were salvageable for dinner.

Carie and I just looked at each other and burst out into laughter, like it was the funniest moment of the year. Pretty soon amongst all our laughter we started saying things that made us laugh harder. Like... now we know what the purpose of those deviled egg holders are for... or... imagine your mom's reaction if this would have happened at her house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home