Still Sick
That is the official word from the Pediatrician... 2 of our 3 children still have ear infections after finishing the most recent round of antibiotics. Those numbers don't sound all that great, so rather I like to look at it as only 2 out of 6 ears are infected... and improvement from the 5 that were previously infected.
Still though, we switch antibiotics and dose Ellie and Spencer daily. Poor kids. I really don't like pushing all these meds down them. Spencer has now "flunked" 2 antibiotics (Omnicef and Augmentin) and Ellie has now "flunked" 1 round (Augmentin). Pretty powerful stuff that isn't doing what we need it to do. The up side is that this new med (Zithromax) we only have to give once daily, for only 5 days, and it is a much smaller amount. Two days down, three to go.
Our next follow up appointment for Ellie and Spencer is in 2ish weeks. The great thing is that Abby's ears will be looked at to; just to make sure she is still clear. I really hope this round of meds does the trick. I want my kids to be able to feel healthy and I feel like we are running out of options.
Oh, and let the great big Holiday germ swap begin! We are in the middle of an amazing amount of travel as we celebrate Christmas 5 times… yes, I did say 5 times and then my SIL’s graduation.
Still though, we switch antibiotics and dose Ellie and Spencer daily. Poor kids. I really don't like pushing all these meds down them. Spencer has now "flunked" 2 antibiotics (Omnicef and Augmentin) and Ellie has now "flunked" 1 round (Augmentin). Pretty powerful stuff that isn't doing what we need it to do. The up side is that this new med (Zithromax) we only have to give once daily, for only 5 days, and it is a much smaller amount. Two days down, three to go.
Our next follow up appointment for Ellie and Spencer is in 2ish weeks. The great thing is that Abby's ears will be looked at to; just to make sure she is still clear. I really hope this round of meds does the trick. I want my kids to be able to feel healthy and I feel like we are running out of options.
Oh, and let the great big Holiday germ swap begin! We are in the middle of an amazing amount of travel as we celebrate Christmas 5 times… yes, I did say 5 times and then my SIL’s graduation.



5 Comments:
FIVE times? Those poor babies are going to be so Christmas'd out. As a kid, I had three Christmas' and it was overwhelming and hard.
And I am so, so, so sorry they still have ear infections. So not fair!!
Ask the doctor to try allergy medicine. My wife had an ear infection all summer, and I mean all of it. Literally from may until about a month ago, back and forth with inner and outer. Antibiotics only worked so well, and the drops helped until they gummed up in her ears and made it worse. Then the doctor put her on zyrtec and one more round of antibiotics, and that finally did it.
It doesn't hurt to ask at least. Good luck!!!
Poor angels!!!! I'm so sorry you're going through this. It sounds like a repeat of my time last year with Brendan, but he was only one. I hope the Zithromax works for both of them. Hugs!!!!
Yikes Sonya,
I'm so sorry that they are still sick. Claire is just getting over a double ear infection and I know how miserable they can make everyone. Hope that the the Z-pack works fast so all of you can enjoy all the festivities :)
Jennifer
Sonya,
Big bummer the Ellie and Spencer still have their ear infections. I like your "spin" on the numbers though, its better to think about 1/3 of your household being sick, than 2/3 of your children.
Post a Comment
<< Home