Chocolate Syrup
The chocolate syrup bottle, located in the door of the refrigerator, has been discovered and now will never be forgotten.
I get home from work yesterday and we decided we'd all get out of the house. The girls' were actually dressed, just missing socks and shoes. This is big, folks. Not often are they fully dressed. Spencer is just waking from a marathon nap. Leaving the house seemed like a great idea.
I look at Ellie though and notice her shirt is dirty, a shade of dirty I couldn't pin point. I asked Carie and she didn't know. At the time, it didn't seem to be that dirty and we wanted to get out of the house quickly... so we go with it.
Later Carie asks Ellie what she had all over her shirt. Ellie gives Carie a look... a look that says she did something she knew she wasn't supposed to do. Ellie then says it's chocolate syrup. Odd thing is is that it wasn't straight chocolate syrup; I think I would have recognized that. It looked like it was diluted, or something.
As we are talking I discover that Ellie has this thing about the chocolate syrup bottle. Carie has caught her trying to suck the chocolate out of the bottle on numerous occasions.
So if ever you are guests in our home and you are offered chocolate syrup, I'd decline :). Of course though, this may be the last bottle of chocolate syrup I'm allowed to own for a really long time.
I get home from work yesterday and we decided we'd all get out of the house. The girls' were actually dressed, just missing socks and shoes. This is big, folks. Not often are they fully dressed. Spencer is just waking from a marathon nap. Leaving the house seemed like a great idea.
I look at Ellie though and notice her shirt is dirty, a shade of dirty I couldn't pin point. I asked Carie and she didn't know. At the time, it didn't seem to be that dirty and we wanted to get out of the house quickly... so we go with it.
Later Carie asks Ellie what she had all over her shirt. Ellie gives Carie a look... a look that says she did something she knew she wasn't supposed to do. Ellie then says it's chocolate syrup. Odd thing is is that it wasn't straight chocolate syrup; I think I would have recognized that. It looked like it was diluted, or something.
As we are talking I discover that Ellie has this thing about the chocolate syrup bottle. Carie has caught her trying to suck the chocolate out of the bottle on numerous occasions.
So if ever you are guests in our home and you are offered chocolate syrup, I'd decline :). Of course though, this may be the last bottle of chocolate syrup I'm allowed to own for a really long time.



4 Comments:
LOL!!! Oh yes - I've caught Kelton doing that a few times lately. Something that his *other* mother does and appreantly he has witnessed. OY!!
Oh lovely.
I cannot imagine eating straight chocolate syrup.
At least she was eating it and not jumping on it in the living room or pouring it on the dog...
Ah, Ellie is a true chocolate junkie, sin't she!! I am "not" sharing this story with Gemma, the choco-aholic. (-:
LOL!! A chocoholic in the making!
Post a Comment
<< Home