The Girls' go to High School
The girls' attended their first day of high school yesterday and they had a BLAST. They can't wait until they get to go again. Yep, we jumped right over elementary and middle school. LOL
Okay, so they aren't really enrolled in high school, but our super sitter who is studying child development is. Her class was doing a project where they were running pre-school/child care sessions. I'm really not sure what they called it or even what their entire afternoon entailed. I'm not even sure how many kids they were trying to recruit. Carie may know, as she was the lead on this one. What I do know is that our sitter called and asked if the girls' could attend. After Carie got a few questions answered, she was comfortable with the idea and the girls' were more than excited. The great thing is is that Wednesday is a non-school day for the girls', or I think it would have been too much to go to pre-school in the morning and then this in the afternoon.
B (the sitter) stopped over on Sunday to get paperwork signed. The girls' were very excited to see her. I couldn't even answer the door; they had to let B in. Then they were bummed when they found out that she wasn't staying. They were looking forward to Wednesday all week.
Carie took them to the school where B met them at the van and took them inside. Very nice that Carie didn't have to get Spencer out in the cold. The girls' took off with B and never looked back. Two and a half hours later Carie returned to pick them up. B brought the girls out to the van, arms loaded with projects they had completed that afternoon.
It was great to listen to them tell us all about their day. I think it was a great experience for them. They got to do all sorts of projects that they wouldn't have done at home AND they got to do them with their friend B at her school. They are ready to do this again!
Back to our regular pre-school schedule today.
Okay, so they aren't really enrolled in high school, but our super sitter who is studying child development is. Her class was doing a project where they were running pre-school/child care sessions. I'm really not sure what they called it or even what their entire afternoon entailed. I'm not even sure how many kids they were trying to recruit. Carie may know, as she was the lead on this one. What I do know is that our sitter called and asked if the girls' could attend. After Carie got a few questions answered, she was comfortable with the idea and the girls' were more than excited. The great thing is is that Wednesday is a non-school day for the girls', or I think it would have been too much to go to pre-school in the morning and then this in the afternoon.
B (the sitter) stopped over on Sunday to get paperwork signed. The girls' were very excited to see her. I couldn't even answer the door; they had to let B in. Then they were bummed when they found out that she wasn't staying. They were looking forward to Wednesday all week.
Carie took them to the school where B met them at the van and took them inside. Very nice that Carie didn't have to get Spencer out in the cold. The girls' took off with B and never looked back. Two and a half hours later Carie returned to pick them up. B brought the girls out to the van, arms loaded with projects they had completed that afternoon.
It was great to listen to them tell us all about their day. I think it was a great experience for them. They got to do all sorts of projects that they wouldn't have done at home AND they got to do them with their friend B at her school. They are ready to do this again!
Back to our regular pre-school schedule today.



1 Comments:
Oh my gosh - it sounds like they had a blast!!! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home