Christmas Christmas & More Christmas
Three Christmas celebrations down, only two to go. The celebrating has been good thus far, albeit a bit exhausting.
The girls' have been over the moon excited. While Spencer knows what to do with the packages, it's all a bit too much chaos for his taste. This morning, upon realizing that Santa had indeed visited, I found the girls' laying on the floor (in front of the tree and mounds of presents) kicking and shouting "Santa was here, Santa was here".
We quickly popped breakfast into the oven and then dug into the stockings. The excitement of opening their stocking gifts was enough to take the edge off. Who could ever want more than band aides, "crowns" (hair stuff), finger nail polish, snowman socks - with a bell, and candy. I know I was thrilled with my stocking gifts! Santa was very generous and clearly did not use very good listening ears this year!! We then enjoyed some breakfast and headed off to Church.
During children's time Ellie announced to the entire congregation that she got a new sled. Pastor Chad was kind enough to acknowledge her announcement. Yeah, that was one of their larger gifts that didn't get wrapped... how does one wrap a sled anyways? I think they think that they are going to be an indoor toy. I barely diverted Ellie from sliding down the stairs in her sled. Their friends, of the imaginary and stuffed variety, received many rides throughout the house this afternoon.
The girls' have been over the moon excited. While Spencer knows what to do with the packages, it's all a bit too much chaos for his taste. This morning, upon realizing that Santa had indeed visited, I found the girls' laying on the floor (in front of the tree and mounds of presents) kicking and shouting "Santa was here, Santa was here".
We quickly popped breakfast into the oven and then dug into the stockings. The excitement of opening their stocking gifts was enough to take the edge off. Who could ever want more than band aides, "crowns" (hair stuff), finger nail polish, snowman socks - with a bell, and candy. I know I was thrilled with my stocking gifts! Santa was very generous and clearly did not use very good listening ears this year!! We then enjoyed some breakfast and headed off to Church.
During children's time Ellie announced to the entire congregation that she got a new sled. Pastor Chad was kind enough to acknowledge her announcement. Yeah, that was one of their larger gifts that didn't get wrapped... how does one wrap a sled anyways? I think they think that they are going to be an indoor toy. I barely diverted Ellie from sliding down the stairs in her sled. Their friends, of the imaginary and stuffed variety, received many rides throughout the house this afternoon.
After Church and lunch, we returned home and really began our gift opening. As we fought off naps, we enjoyed relaxing and playing games with the girls'.
More Christmas news and outtakes to come!



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home