Monday, December 19, 2005

Another Trip

Well made it through the weekend without a visit, but then we were back again today. I feel like we should buy our own room at the Ped's office. After just talking with Carie, it appears that we do have our own room. LOL

Carie just shared with me a conversation she and the nurse had last week. According to the nurse, we do have "our" room. She almost put us in one room then commented that that wasn't "our" room. She then set us up in whatever room she thinks is ours. This may explain why we've generally only been in a couple of the rooms. But today, our Ped was out of the office so we saw our back up Ped... who has his own set of rooms.

Anyway, Spencer just didn't seem to be feeling any better (actually he seemed to be doing worse) so we made the call to take him back in. We were just there on Friday and started new meds, so we felt like we were potentially over reacting given all the other factors we were considering. Turns out, I'm so glad I took him in.

The recent med has done absolutely nothing for him. Spencer is back to a double ear infection and it doesn't look good... especially considering he's been on far too many antibiotics for far too many days. The meds weren't even sustaining his healed ear.

We took the next step and he got a shot. We've done this once before with Ellie and had fantastic results. I hope it has the same wonders for Spencer. We get to go back in on Wednesday morning where he'll be checked again and potentially get a 2nd shot. Then it is possible that we'll go back in on Friday for the same thing, it all depends on how Wednesday plays out. I'm certain that 3 trips within a week is a record for us.

I hope this does the trick. They say that it works 98% of the time. I like those odds, but I wonder what we'll do if we are in the unlucky 2% range. For now I'll pray that we help out the stats of the majority. I hope he is able to have enough relief to get some much needed sleep. We all could use a bit of sleep.

One Christmas celebration down, only four to go! Oh, and a sixth one diverted!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lois said...

Oh Sonya,

I'm so sorry that you are in ear infection hell. I hope that the shot does it's thing and that the infection doesn't bounce to anyone else in your house.

8:49 AM, December 20, 2005  
Blogger Casey said...

Oh my gosh - I am so, so sorry. I hope the shot does the trick.

7:55 PM, December 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home