The Good Stuff
This morning I asked Ellie what she wanted for breakfast. After a second of deliberating, she told me.... broccoli and green beans. Great choices I say, but how about some cereal... Kix maybe? I felt bad for suggesting we have cereal instead. Generally they can have whatever they want so long as it isn't something that would fall in the sugary treat and/or snack category. After a very long night with Spencer all I could gear my body up for was pouring cereal. I didn't even pick the big bowl/little bowl battle... big bowl it was, filled to the brim with cereal I knew she was going to waste.
Then at dinner, for the 2nd night in a row, she managed to steal most of the veggies off my plate. Yeah, she had quite the grin on her face while doing it. I don't think you can call it stir-fry veggies when all you have left is broccoli and snow peas. Oh well, eat away my dear and enjoy!
Then tonight at bed-time, well rather past bedtime... probably the 3rd time out of bed... I put Abby back into bed... after she got to roam the house while I was trying to re-settle Spencer.
Abby says: "Where IS Mommy?"
I say: "Mommy is at the store buying us food"
Abby says: "What is she buying?"
I say: "She is buying some apples and more of Momma's cereal for you (amongst many other things). Is there something you want Mommy to get? (at which point I am HOPING that Mommy has the cell phone with her)"
Abby says: "YES (with no hesitation)... bananas, oranges, green beans, lemons, pineapple, oh and fruit cocktail"
I say: "I'll call Mommy to let her know... now PLEASE go to sleep!"
So I call Mommy but Mommy seems to have not taken the cell phone with her.
WHEW... Mommy just called, after noticing that she didn't take the phone with her AND I was trying to reach her (of which I feel really bad about). Unfortunately, she was leaving the store. Fortunately Mommy got bananas and we have oranges. Hopefully Abby remembers those were the most important on her list and the rest we can fake. We shall see come morning. What I want to know is what her plans are for the lemons.
I am totally impressed with our kids' interest and love for fruits and veggies. They could live on this stuff! I really hope it lasts!
Then at dinner, for the 2nd night in a row, she managed to steal most of the veggies off my plate. Yeah, she had quite the grin on her face while doing it. I don't think you can call it stir-fry veggies when all you have left is broccoli and snow peas. Oh well, eat away my dear and enjoy!
Then tonight at bed-time, well rather past bedtime... probably the 3rd time out of bed... I put Abby back into bed... after she got to roam the house while I was trying to re-settle Spencer.
Abby says: "Where IS Mommy?"
I say: "Mommy is at the store buying us food"
Abby says: "What is she buying?"
I say: "She is buying some apples and more of Momma's cereal for you (amongst many other things). Is there something you want Mommy to get? (at which point I am HOPING that Mommy has the cell phone with her)"
Abby says: "YES (with no hesitation)... bananas, oranges, green beans, lemons, pineapple, oh and fruit cocktail"
I say: "I'll call Mommy to let her know... now PLEASE go to sleep!"
So I call Mommy but Mommy seems to have not taken the cell phone with her.
WHEW... Mommy just called, after noticing that she didn't take the phone with her AND I was trying to reach her (of which I feel really bad about). Unfortunately, she was leaving the store. Fortunately Mommy got bananas and we have oranges. Hopefully Abby remembers those were the most important on her list and the rest we can fake. We shall see come morning. What I want to know is what her plans are for the lemons.
I am totally impressed with our kids' interest and love for fruits and veggies. They could live on this stuff! I really hope it lasts!



1 Comments:
Where did you get these kids with this love for veggies and fruits, and can you send them to my house to talk to Brendan? :)
Post a Comment
<< Home