Friday, December 14, 2007

Really? It Has Been That Long?

Wow! I knew it had been a while since I last blogged, but until now I didn't realize it had been 3 whole weeks. There are times where I just have nothing to say. Then there are times where I have things to say but no time to say them. Both seem to sum up the past 3 weeks.

I've been suddenly swamped with things... work things, normal "that time of year" holiday things, etc...

On the work front, one huge event ended yesterday and we are in the midst of the second huge event. Both of which I'm a key player in the planning and execution. Next week should, I hope, be all downhill in the work stress area. I'd like to go back to being home at a decent time for dinner and no more of this just getting home in time for bedtime routines. This will be my final post from this desk. My scenery will be a bit different come next week.

On the home front we are, of course, preparing for our holiday celebrations. Thank goodness we've been on the ball and we are feeling on top of things in this area. I don't know how it all happened, but we've been mostly done shopping for some time now and most of the wrapping is even done. We are just awaiting the straggling gifts to arrive to do the final wrapping session. Hopefully this means we won't be up till all hours of the night on the days leading up to Christmas.

The girls have gotten into Christmas more this year. They are, of course, very excited about all the gifts under/around our Christmas tree and can hardly wait for the day to finally arrive. They were highly interested in selecting and giving gifts to each other. They each took a turn wrapping their gifts of choice and they are so proud of their choices. They did a really great job of thinking what their sister and brother would like! They can't wait to gift their items on Christmas. I'm wondering how the Santa and Mommy & Momma gifts will rate compared to their gifts.

We also participated in an Angels Among Us tree through my work. I brought the kids up to work one evening so they could choose the person/gift that really inspired them. We then went shopping to make their choices and then I brought the girls' up to work one afternoon (after a dentist appointment) so they could donate their items. I know one of the individuals involved in coordinating the collections and I knew she would be awesome. She didn't let me down! The girls were really excited to donate their items and Holly's excitement to receive the items really impacted them.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home