Monday, November 19, 2007

Last Fall Day - 2007

While fall will officially continue, we are headed into a cold spell that spells winter to me.

Today we experienced record setting (warm) temps and it seemed like the perfect day to take the afternoon off!

After lunch we headed to the park. I've wanted to snap some photos of the kids this fall and my time was running out! I was totally on borrowed time! We left home with clean clothes and by the time we arrived to the park Spencer had unidentifiable stains all over his shirt. But we found a beautiful park, the kids played and had a great time, and I got some photos. They didn't turn out quite like I had hoped, but oh well. The subject was challenging, the lighting was brutal, and the person behind the camera still doesn't really know what she's doing!

We then went home for naps, I did some yard work, and the girls arrived home from school. The girls got snacks and vegged out for a bit (a small bit) then the girls and I went to the same park to play and hopefully get some good photos of them. Surely they would be cooperative, right? The results were dismal! The subjects were way challenging, the lighting was even more brutal, and the person behind the camera still doesn't really know what she's doing!

I guess we'll see if I have anything to use for the project I had in mind.

So... here are a couple pics of the girls and tons of pics of The Boy. Most of the pics are totally un-posed, which is what I had in mind. With Spencer it was just (ha!) a matter of playing in the chosen area. The tree photo looks completely posed, I guess he just felt like hugging a tree! The girls however... totally posed... totally not thrilled... totally not fun.













Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

such beautiful children!

3:38 PM, November 21, 2007  
Blogger Laura said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous pictures!!!

1:32 PM, November 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home