Catch A Break?
We are so ready for a break, so so ready. We are physically and emotionally tapped out, the well feels empty.
The kids are all going through something. Every night at least one of them is up and often it has been all three and multiple times. Add to that Carie's difficulty in sleeping, even if the kiddos are sleeping, and some sort of intestinal thing going on... that just won't end. My coughing and hacking has progressed from mildly annoying to down right irritating and painful. I gave in yesterday and called it a day. I was feeling extremely guilty because I knew that Carie hasn't felt great herself. But the cough, the sore throat, the chills & ache feeling got the better of me. I don’t get sick often, but when I do I’m a baby!
As I was driving home I decided it might be best to call the doctor. It was meant to be! They had an opening if I could get there in 5 minutes. Since I was already driving, all I needed to do was take a left instead of going straight. I made it and he gave me the usual rundown of meds. Usual, as in what I get every 2 - 2 1/2 years that I go in. At least this time my chart wasn't in storage!
I just got the result of my strep test, and I'm so lucky that it is positive. I'm also pleased as punch that I'm either having a reaction to the antibiotics (amoxicillin) or I've got something else going on. This rash just isn't normal! Guess I should have had the Allergy doctor test for this when I was in, but I've never before had a problem. We are now waiting to hear back from the doc’s office.
In light of my strep results we've now got an appointment for Abby this afternoon. She's had a mild complaint of a sore throat, which has always been caused by drainage. I guess we'll see!
Last night everyone had a decent night in the sleep department. We could use a few more of those, like now.
Someday I'll get around to sharing pumpkin patch pics and the story of the girls' first ever paintball gun experience.
******
Edited to add... Abby has strep. The test results were quick, clear & decisively strep throat. We've got antibiotics for her, a new antibiotic for me, and we are on the lookout for symptoms in the rest of the members of this household. Toothbrushes will be added to the shopping list!
The kids are all going through something. Every night at least one of them is up and often it has been all three and multiple times. Add to that Carie's difficulty in sleeping, even if the kiddos are sleeping, and some sort of intestinal thing going on... that just won't end. My coughing and hacking has progressed from mildly annoying to down right irritating and painful. I gave in yesterday and called it a day. I was feeling extremely guilty because I knew that Carie hasn't felt great herself. But the cough, the sore throat, the chills & ache feeling got the better of me. I don’t get sick often, but when I do I’m a baby!
As I was driving home I decided it might be best to call the doctor. It was meant to be! They had an opening if I could get there in 5 minutes. Since I was already driving, all I needed to do was take a left instead of going straight. I made it and he gave me the usual rundown of meds. Usual, as in what I get every 2 - 2 1/2 years that I go in. At least this time my chart wasn't in storage!
I just got the result of my strep test, and I'm so lucky that it is positive. I'm also pleased as punch that I'm either having a reaction to the antibiotics (amoxicillin) or I've got something else going on. This rash just isn't normal! Guess I should have had the Allergy doctor test for this when I was in, but I've never before had a problem. We are now waiting to hear back from the doc’s office.
In light of my strep results we've now got an appointment for Abby this afternoon. She's had a mild complaint of a sore throat, which has always been caused by drainage. I guess we'll see!
Last night everyone had a decent night in the sleep department. We could use a few more of those, like now.
Someday I'll get around to sharing pumpkin patch pics and the story of the girls' first ever paintball gun experience.
******
Edited to add... Abby has strep. The test results were quick, clear & decisively strep throat. We've got antibiotics for her, a new antibiotic for me, and we are on the lookout for symptoms in the rest of the members of this household. Toothbrushes will be added to the shopping list!



1 Comments:
oh NO!!! So glad you went to the doctor when you did! :(
Post a Comment
<< Home