The Process
Going through the "potty training phase" with Spencer brings back memories of our experiences with the girls. Were all pretty laid back about it and I wouldn't exactly say that we are "potty training" in the true sense. But he seems to be in the mood at the moment so we won't be discouraging that! Though, I still believe that this candy addicted boy has figured out an avenue to score some candy, thus the real motivation.
So Sunday evening I was working with him to get ready for bed. He was laying there ready to get his fresh diaper on – tushie up - and the light bulb went off.
The Boy: Potty - I go potty!!!
Me: You need to go potty?
The Boy: Yes - I go potty!
Me: Okay, let's go to the bathroom! We need to potty in the bathroom, not on Momma's bed.
The Boy: Why?
Me: Because potty belongs in the potty!
We get into the bathroom but this time though he wasn't interested in his seat. He's been silly with it lately, putting it on backwards, sideways, or on his head and getting it stuck around his neck.
But this time, no interest in his seat. He's clearly been watching Ben do his thing in the bathroom. I know he'll eventually stand to go potty, but I'm just not ready for it! I'm about as much not ready for it as he was pleased with himself. He called for Mommy to come and check it out. He was so cute, so proud, and it was so gross watching it dribble everywhere. But he did it and it was all his idea. There was mucho excitement and praises followed by supervised hand washing.
So I guess we go from here.
So Sunday evening I was working with him to get ready for bed. He was laying there ready to get his fresh diaper on – tushie up - and the light bulb went off.
The Boy: Potty - I go potty!!!
Me: You need to go potty?
The Boy: Yes - I go potty!
Me: Okay, let's go to the bathroom! We need to potty in the bathroom, not on Momma's bed.
The Boy: Why?
Me: Because potty belongs in the potty!
We get into the bathroom but this time though he wasn't interested in his seat. He's been silly with it lately, putting it on backwards, sideways, or on his head and getting it stuck around his neck.
But this time, no interest in his seat. He's clearly been watching Ben do his thing in the bathroom. I know he'll eventually stand to go potty, but I'm just not ready for it! I'm about as much not ready for it as he was pleased with himself. He called for Mommy to come and check it out. He was so cute, so proud, and it was so gross watching it dribble everywhere. But he did it and it was all his idea. There was mucho excitement and praises followed by supervised hand washing.
So I guess we go from here.
Labels: The Boy



1 Comments:
well, you said potty belongs in the potty, so you can't really argue with that, huh. Good for him.
Post a Comment
<< Home