Awesome All Around - Part II
Sunday...
Another one of those wake up and get going at your own pace kinda days. I was treated to sleeping in, which was lovely. Once we figured out that we weren't going to make it to Church this week we decided to head to the Children's Museum. It was actually Abby's first choice of things to do and it was an excellent choice. It has probably been a couple of years since they have been to our local museum, though Carie and Spencer have been several times recently.
We all got ready to go and opted to go out for lunch before heading to the museum. Unfortunately the museum doesn't open until 1:00 on Sundays, and well Spencer is generally ready for his nap around 1:30.
We headed downtown to the old market for lunch and it was incredible in so many ways. As we were leaving the restaurant Carie said something about this being the type of experience you envision as you head into parenthood.
We then headed down a few blocks down the street to the Children's Museum where we arrived with perfect timing. The kids had time to enjoy the exhibits outside before they opened the museum for us to go inside. I hadn't been to the museum since they remodeled it and I was way impressed. They kept all the great things from the "old" museum and enhanced it and updated it to make it a really cool place to be. I totally see us getting our use out of our membership!
Then it was time to head home for the boy's nap. Again, we were pushing it. Again he told us, on the way to lunch, that "I'm so sleepy". But again he did awesome and we had to practically peel him away from the fun.
He's now sleeping, the girls' are playing, Carie is crocheting, and I'm about to go veg out myself. Who knows what the rest of the day holds for us, but it has been a great day thus far.
Do we really have to return to the grind tomorrow?
Another one of those wake up and get going at your own pace kinda days. I was treated to sleeping in, which was lovely. Once we figured out that we weren't going to make it to Church this week we decided to head to the Children's Museum. It was actually Abby's first choice of things to do and it was an excellent choice. It has probably been a couple of years since they have been to our local museum, though Carie and Spencer have been several times recently.
We all got ready to go and opted to go out for lunch before heading to the museum. Unfortunately the museum doesn't open until 1:00 on Sundays, and well Spencer is generally ready for his nap around 1:30.
We headed downtown to the old market for lunch and it was incredible in so many ways. As we were leaving the restaurant Carie said something about this being the type of experience you envision as you head into parenthood.
We then headed down a few blocks down the street to the Children's Museum where we arrived with perfect timing. The kids had time to enjoy the exhibits outside before they opened the museum for us to go inside. I hadn't been to the museum since they remodeled it and I was way impressed. They kept all the great things from the "old" museum and enhanced it and updated it to make it a really cool place to be. I totally see us getting our use out of our membership!
Then it was time to head home for the boy's nap. Again, we were pushing it. Again he told us, on the way to lunch, that "I'm so sleepy". But again he did awesome and we had to practically peel him away from the fun.
He's now sleeping, the girls' are playing, Carie is crocheting, and I'm about to go veg out myself. Who knows what the rest of the day holds for us, but it has been a great day thus far.
Do we really have to return to the grind tomorrow?
Labels: Family



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home