Wedding - Still a Go!
Here I was thinking that we'd escape a day without wedding talk. As usual, there was the usual random "(sigh) I miss Adam".
And then.
Tonight, after lights out, they are collaborating and calling for us to come up to their room. As I approach their door I hear them counting down... 3, 2, 1... MOMMY.
So I enter, and thankfully they didn't protest to me answering their call in place of Mommy.
I first hear about their scuba diving dreams.
Then Ellie tells me how "she wants to marry Adam someday".
Yes - someday you may get married. Someday when you are older.
Then she asks me if I will buy her a wedding dress. Abby trumps it with a request for a wedding dress and a tiara. Ahh yes, Ellie decides a tiara is a must.
Yes - someday! Someday when you are older, much much older.
Abby then comments about how Mommy and I are married. Yes sweetie, Mommy and Momma are married. She then goes on to say that some girls get married to girls and some girls get married to boys. Yes, that is true!
Ellie says: "I want to get married to a boy"
Abby says: "I want to..." then she got interrupted. I don't have a good pulse on what she was really going to say.
But in the end she decided that she and Ellie were going to get married together. I commented that perhaps it isn't a good idea to marry your sister. Then she clarified that they wouldn't marry each other, they would get married at the same time... to Adam!
And then.
Tonight, after lights out, they are collaborating and calling for us to come up to their room. As I approach their door I hear them counting down... 3, 2, 1... MOMMY.
So I enter, and thankfully they didn't protest to me answering their call in place of Mommy.
I first hear about their scuba diving dreams.
Then Ellie tells me how "she wants to marry Adam someday".
Yes - someday you may get married. Someday when you are older.
Then she asks me if I will buy her a wedding dress. Abby trumps it with a request for a wedding dress and a tiara. Ahh yes, Ellie decides a tiara is a must.
Yes - someday! Someday when you are older, much much older.
Abby then comments about how Mommy and I are married. Yes sweetie, Mommy and Momma are married. She then goes on to say that some girls get married to girls and some girls get married to boys. Yes, that is true!
Ellie says: "I want to get married to a boy"
Abby says: "I want to..." then she got interrupted. I don't have a good pulse on what she was really going to say.
But in the end she decided that she and Ellie were going to get married together. I commented that perhaps it isn't a good idea to marry your sister. Then she clarified that they wouldn't marry each other, they would get married at the same time... to Adam!



1 Comments:
Ha! I'm loving these stories.
Post a Comment
<< Home