Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Daily Event

I can't put my finger on it, but it feels like everyday there is something. Not everything is a "crisis" necessarily. But lately it feels like there is always something.

Today's event happened to be the deck stairs falling apart, as they were being walked on. Thankfully no one was hurt!


Yeah, imagine hearing that over the phone. Carie wasn't able to really explain what happened, I just needed to see it in person. I was already on my way home as we were getting ready to leave town for the evening, the very late evening.

Yep, sure enough, the deck stairs had fallen apart.

Now, it isn’t like this deck is old, in dire need of attention, and falling apart. That was our old deck! This deck, the new deck, it isn't that old and apparently it is falling apart.

And yes, we were moments away from loading up the van and leaving town for the evening - “were” being the operative word here. We now needed to do something about the stairs so the dogs could do their thing - outside rather than inside.

We fixed it, or at least enough to make it passable for the dogs and maybe a kid or two. Actually, looking at it you wouldn’t know that anything happened. We'll be talking to our neighbor "Billt" (what Spencer calls him) to see if we can get his advice and hopefully a hand. He's a really nice guy and clearly knows how to build things - hence "Billt" instead of simply Bill. I want to make sure the stairs are properly repaired so they are safe to use. You know, like they were. Or so we thought.

Dinner was now definitely take-out on our way out of town instead of our planned home cooked meal. Excuses, excuses, I know we’ve always got them. But the deck was recovered, everyone was fed, and we made it to our destination on-time (for us).

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

YIKES! How scary! I hope it's all fixed now, and thank goodness no one was hurt!

8:52 AM, July 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home