Sunday, July 01, 2007

Thank Goodness Tomorrow Is Monday

Another full day has come to an end. I'm exhausted, in more ways than one, and am fully ready to hit my desk job tomorrow!

This morning we really wanted to make it to Church as this was the first day for our new pastor, but we didn't quite make it. We needed to be at the zoo early in the afternoon for another zoo class for the girls. The transition time between Church and zoo just wasn't enough. So instead, we made it to the store to get some much needed items.

After an early lunch the girls' and I were off to the zoo while Carie and Spencer were (again) headed home for the afternoon nap. Carie has had enough of the zoo this past week that I automatically drew that straw. Today's trip was the 4th trip in the past week, with 3 of the 4 being to our/this zoo.

On the way to the zoo we all talked about what we wanted to see and each girl prioritized their top 2 exhibits. Wow did that work out wonderfully!


We arrived at the zoo a bit earlier than needed and managed to get Abby's #1, the Jungle, (which was the same as Ellie's #2 choice) crossed off the list before heading down to the education area. We got the girls settled into their butterfly class and then Alex and I ventured out to see the things she wanted to see (Orangutan Forest, Gorilla Valley, Bear Canyon, Cat Complex, Aviary, Nursery, and Wild Kingdom Pavilion) while the girls were in their class. A couple hours later we returned to pick up the girls from their class. They have so much fun!

Then we were all off to check out the remaining exhibits on our list, and nearby exhibits, together. We visited the Giraffe Complex and then picked up a snack before hopping on the tram that provided the quick route out to the Sea Lion Pavilion, Monkey Island, and the Garden of the Senses. Then we hopped back on the tram, managed to not (yay!) need to get off at Dairy World (carousel, goats, loads of kid stuff), and continued on to the last/first tram stop near the entrance of the zoo. We then headed to our last stop of the day, the Desert Dome. Abby had been looking forward to a visit to the desert for quite a while and she especially enjoyed it. She was definitely our tour guide!

Five hours later - we are leaving the zoo and heading home. Well, home was the plan until I crashed and burned and decided there was no way I was making supper. It was quickly approaching 6:00 and going out definitely won without hesitation.


Carie and Spencer had a busy day as well. Carie enjoyed the quietness of the house while Spencer was napping. She was incredibly busy at taking care of that icky house stuff that just needs to be done. It was so nice that she got so much done for our family. After Spencer's nap they headed to another grocery store to get the last of our shopping list wrapped up. They were finishing about the same time we were and met us for supper.

We arrived home and the kids played more. Where do they get all this energy?

Pictures of our crew

Yeah... I see you picking at your food!












Yes, I am serious!












I mean it! LOL
I am positive that I looked like this by the end of the day.











Though I did keep my hands to myself.












This was 4ish hours into our trip.
I think they still look pretty happy.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

hehehe...love the gorilla pics! Looks like they had a wonderful time, and boy am I glad it's Monday too. :)

9:57 AM, July 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home