Monday, July 16, 2007

Lonely

As each day passes I think Carmen is realizing that her buddy isn't coming home. I can tell that she's feeling sad and lonely.

While we all miss Hobbes terribly, I think Carmen is most affected by our loss. They were there for each other in times where we weren't there for them. The kids have done a great job realizing Carmen's sadness and have really stepped up in comforting her. It is truly great to see.

The girls' have done a great job talking about Hobbes, how they miss him, and how he's gone to Heaven. They've truly blown me away throughout this experience.

We feel quite guilty having plans to be gone on vacation next week. Long ago we had arranged for the dogs and fish to be taken care of while we were gone. Those plans are still in place though we are now contemplating taking Carmen to Lincoln to stay with my folks. My mom kinda volunteered that as an option Saturday afternoon after she saw how great they did together. Carmen and Jake got along extremely well; they actually seemed to like each other's company. The girls' are very excited with that option because they think Carmen needs a friend while we are gone.


I guess we'll see how things pan out this week.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home