Friday, July 13, 2007

I Think We've Found Him!

Through miracle of all miracles it appears that we may have found Adam, the Adam that Ellie has been missing terribly so.

It is truly amazing to me how things can come together. I wanted to keep an open mind but was also keeping a foot in reality as we didn't want to fuel her already soaring hopes. Adam is such a common name and Omaha isn't exactly a small city. Narrowing it down to our School District helps, but there are still 25 (and growing) Elementary schools within our district.

Then I was talking to Evan's Mom about Sunday's play date and as we were sharing how each of our kids were missing the other I happened to mention that Ellie had met a new friend at summer school and has also been missing him terribly. I said that we often hear about how much she missed Evan, but now we also hear about how much she misses Adam.

Evan's mom quickly realized that her friend has a boy named Adam and she knows their kids also went to summer school. Could it be? She asked if there were any other Adam's. Honestly, I don't know. There were 3 summer K classes, our girls' were in 2 of those and we didn't ever see a roster.

Then simultaneously we all (Carie also chimed in) said... This Adam is very very blonde with blue eyes. Wow!

I think the odds are in our favor. So now we have a last name, his mom's name, and their phone number. We need to not lose that note!

Add to that, those two families were already planning to get together at a park this morning. Unfortunately is has been a really crazy week leading into a crazy weekend and going somewhere this morning just wasn't in the cards. But we asked Evan's Mom to pass on our info to Adam's Mom.

Hopefully soon we can confirm that this is the Adam and get the kids together for a play date.

Ellie hasn’t been brought into this loop of knowledge yet. I just can’t go there until we have a bit more information. Hopefully we can surprise her soon though!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home