A Cinderella Experience
To add to our excitement this weekend, the girls' and I went to see Cinderella Sunday afternoon.
This was the first musical experience for them and they were so excited. Though, I guess maybe the My Little Pony show may have counted as a musical and we did go to that a few months back. For me though, this is at a different level! Abby's favorite princess happens to be Cinderella and she is Ellie's 2nd favorite with Sleeping Beauty being her top choice. After all, Sleeping Beauty is pink!
So after Church and a luncheon to celebrate our Pastor who is moving on, the girls' and I headed downtown to The Rose theatre. Going into that morning both Carie and I thought the other one was taking the girls. A while back Ellie had voiced that she wanted me to take them while Abby had voiced that she wanted Carie to take them. Thankfully they were so excited to go they were in the moment and didn't really care. Carie really seemed to want me to go so she could get Spencer home and give him a better chance at a good afternoon nap. And a good nap he had!
The theatre experience was awesome. My personal favorite was the Stepmother played by a guy in drag. He was incredible and funny. The girls’ favorite character was, of course, Cinderella. Between the 2nd & 3rd Acts we had a 20 minute intermission where we enjoyed some cookies and sprite. After the performance the characters hung out on stage to answer any questions. Then we headed upstairs to find Cinderella and a few other characters for autographs.
We returned home just in time to think about dinner. I was so exhausted from our busy and fun weekend that I voted for going out to dinner, and that we did! Upon returning home we had a bit of playtime outside - riding bikes, playing with the rocket, stomping in some water, and calling Grandpa to wish him a Happy Father’s Day before heading inside for bedtime.
The girls' had a particularly hard time falling asleep and were still awake when I went to check on them before we called it a night. Abby was surprised to see me come in; after all they were lying very quietly in their bed. Usually they are asleep when we go to tuck them in one last time. We've told them before that we always check on them before we go to bed, but I think she thought it was pretty special last night catching us in action!
We’ve already signed up for tickets for the 2007-2008 season and we are very much looking forward to that!
This was the first musical experience for them and they were so excited. Though, I guess maybe the My Little Pony show may have counted as a musical and we did go to that a few months back. For me though, this is at a different level! Abby's favorite princess happens to be Cinderella and she is Ellie's 2nd favorite with Sleeping Beauty being her top choice. After all, Sleeping Beauty is pink!
So after Church and a luncheon to celebrate our Pastor who is moving on, the girls' and I headed downtown to The Rose theatre. Going into that morning both Carie and I thought the other one was taking the girls. A while back Ellie had voiced that she wanted me to take them while Abby had voiced that she wanted Carie to take them. Thankfully they were so excited to go they were in the moment and didn't really care. Carie really seemed to want me to go so she could get Spencer home and give him a better chance at a good afternoon nap. And a good nap he had!
The theatre experience was awesome. My personal favorite was the Stepmother played by a guy in drag. He was incredible and funny. The girls’ favorite character was, of course, Cinderella. Between the 2nd & 3rd Acts we had a 20 minute intermission where we enjoyed some cookies and sprite. After the performance the characters hung out on stage to answer any questions. Then we headed upstairs to find Cinderella and a few other characters for autographs.
We returned home just in time to think about dinner. I was so exhausted from our busy and fun weekend that I voted for going out to dinner, and that we did! Upon returning home we had a bit of playtime outside - riding bikes, playing with the rocket, stomping in some water, and calling Grandpa to wish him a Happy Father’s Day before heading inside for bedtime.
The girls' had a particularly hard time falling asleep and were still awake when I went to check on them before we called it a night. Abby was surprised to see me come in; after all they were lying very quietly in their bed. Usually they are asleep when we go to tuck them in one last time. We've told them before that we always check on them before we go to bed, but I think she thought it was pretty special last night catching us in action!
We’ve already signed up for tickets for the 2007-2008 season and we are very much looking forward to that!



1 Comments:
I know it is always surprising to E when he wakes up or is still (heaven forbid) awake when we make that final check of the night! :)
Sounds like the whole experience was a blast. Hurray Cinderella!
Post a Comment
<< Home