Thursday, May 10, 2007

The Boy - Month 24

Spencer Rylan,

You recently turned 2 years old, how in the world did that happen? The rational side of me knows exactly how it happened, obviously each month you age and adding the passing months together we end up with 24. But it still seems impossible that we've been blessed with your life for 2 years now. Each day you grace us with your energy, charm, silliness, and your laughter. Of course we have our challenging moments as well, but who doesn't?

In the past month, your language has again exploded. All those sentences that were getting jumbled up are now quite clear. It seemed that the individual words or putting 2 & 3 words together would come out clear. But you had more to say than that and you needed us to understand you. I'm happy to say that now we can!

You've also become quite demanding. You certainly know what you want and you don't hesitate in letting us know. No more cuddling in bed in the morning, no more watching a show together to get the day started off slowly. Now you insist that we "get up!" If we aren't following your requests fast enough, you don't hesitate to remove the covers, push us out of bed, and tell us to stand up. You are ready to get your day started and you need your audience. You are ready to go downstairs and do who knows what.

You've also started this thing (that you find hilarious) where you'll ask me to pick you up and then you tell me to go "this way" or "that way" while pointing so I know where this way or that way is. Somewhere around Easter time you discovered some yummy chocolate candy in one of the cupboards. These pieces were left of what didn't make it into your Easter basket, because we had put plenty into your basket. Everyday you direct me to that cupboard because you know you'll always find something good in there. One day there were a few left and I just let you have them all at once. I was hoping that this game would end once the candy was gone. For a few days we returned to that same spot. I had to explain that the ball candy was all gone - that you ate it and it went into your tummy. Then suddenly you found some new goodies. I've since asked Mommy to stop "hiding" things in that cupboard, but old habits seem to die hard. I don't know who were hiding things from, it certainly isn't you! You've got it all figured out!


You are a sports nut! So far there doesn't seem to be a sport you don't like. Basketball was your first love and continues to be a favorite. You love to "shoot hoops".

Baseball is another sport high on the list at the moment. It speaks volumes that you'll request to watch a baseball game over Dora. You love going to your sisters' soccer games. If you could you'd be out on the field playing with them. You talk about soccer every single time we drive by the fields, which is often. You have even shown intrest in golf! Obviously there are a lot of golf fans in this world, I just don't happen to be one of them.

I'm already excited about the upcoming football season. I'm hoping you'll want to watch Husker football games with us.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Tracey said...

Such great pictures! I love that he's such a sports fan, and I think he's definitely going to be watching football with you :)

3:16 PM, May 11, 2007  
Blogger Laura said...

Happy Birthday to Spencer!! And those pictures are gorgeous.

12:31 PM, May 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home