Crazy Life Schedule
Suddenly our life feels a bit on the crazy side, mostly good crazy, but crazy nonetheless. In and around normal everyday things, each day has been tagged with some specific activity. This past week included
● Saturday - The girls' soccer game followed by soccer pictures. Then we picked up some lunch and went to the UNO spring football game, first ever live football game for our kids. That afternoon while Spencer was napping I worked on taxes. Carie and the girls went shopping for birthday gifts. That evening we met Carie's folks for dinner.
● Sunday - A day of work outside. The lawn was mowed for the first time of the season, and hopefully that will last a while! Carie and I spent a large amount of time assembling the new swing for our play set. The girls couldn't wait for it to be up and ready to go. I don't know how many times we heard "Is it done yet?"
● Monday - The day that our Country will remember forever.
● Tuesday - Dinner with friends and their children followed by fun at a park. What a beautiful evening!
Then I still needed to file taxes, but that was my own fault! This was the first time I've ever pushed it this close to the deadline.
Oh, and we discovered why the guy hadn't aerated our lawn yet. He serviced the wrong house! So, the guy a couple houses down unexpectedly got his lawn aerated. Now these two houses are the same floor plan, but I didn't describe the house when I made the appointment. I only gave him my name, address, and phone number. Weird!
● Wednesday - Soccer followed by a late dinner then before we knew it, it was bedtime. Oh, and then at 11pm I suddenly remember that one thing we were to complete that evening... Kindergarten paperwork for the girls.
● Thursday - Parent's meeting for Kindergarten registration (more on that later). It was scheduled from 7pm-8pm. In reality, the official meeting portion of it was over shortly after 8pm. But then we could visit the classrooms and go on a school tour, which of course we wanted to do. We picked up the kids and got home shortly after 9pm.
Somewhere in this day it hit me, I think I could have used a different scenario in our taxes and I likely just shorted us a chunk o change. Later that night I plugged in some quick information and sure enough, I believe I shorted us $500 in tax return. I'll be figuring out if this new scenario is really as good as it seems and then figure out how to file an amended return!
● Today - My Grandma is having surgery this afternoon. Instead of running down and back this afternoon, we are going down tomorrow.
A stop to the library was a must. It was time to renew our membership, but I also needed to clear some (okay, a very large amount) of fines that just came about... and shouldn't have. Thankfully that is all squared away (with ease) and we have new books to read.
We also need to talk to the loan guy on what refinance offers he has to see if any of them makes sense for us. Carie called the exterminator back, those pesky ants!
This afternoon is a birthday party from 4:00 - 5:15, I think. Then we'll pick up some dinner to help mask the (highly anticipated) sugar intake. Then we'll head up to school, their "old preschool" / their "new school" (Kindergarten) for their carnival that runs from 6-9. The girls don't know about the carnival yet, but they will be so incredibly excited.
● Tomorrow morning the girls have a soccer game and then we are supposed to head to Lincoln. We are now contemplating waiting until after nap before heading down. We are also supposed to go out to dinner, in Lincoln, with Carie's sister, her husband, and several other adults (?) :) to celebrate her birthday. We are hoping to go, but the timing may not work out. We'll see how the kids are doing tomorrow.
● Sunday - I declared a day of rest. Ellie said "Mom, what do we do when we rest?" Nothing!
In reality, we'll probably get the girls to Sunday school and we'll go to Church, followed by lunch, then nap for Mr. Spencer, and nothing nothing nothing for us. But we also need to get the invites put together and sent out for Spencer's birthday party that is only 2 weeks away.
● Monday - I don't know. I foresee us working on birthday party stuff.
● Tuesday - We'll celebrate Carie's birthday!
● Wednesday - Soccer... and it happens to be our snack night. More on the whole snack thing in another post!
● Thursday - We'll celebrate Spencer's 2nd birthday!
● Friday - Spencer's 2yr well check. The rest of the day is currently open, but things change fast!
● Saturday - The girls' have a soccer game. That evening Carie and I go out, kid free, to celebrate Carie's birthday. We hope to go to dinner and we have concert tickets. We are both looking forward to this. The kids will have great quality time with Yia Yia.
We are supposed to go to my Cousin's wedding, but unfortunately we can't make it.
● Sunday - Usual Sunday routine.
● Monday – Currently unplanned.
● Tuesday – Currently unplanned.
● Wednesday - After preschool I’ll take the girls up to their new school for their hearing screening appointment.
● Thursday - Annual kid pictures, hopefully. I should call and schedule that appointment!
● Friday - Kindergarten Roundup! The girls go to Kindergarten from 9am - 11am. Unfortunately they'll miss going to preschool, but they'll have so much fun getting a taste of Kindergarten.
● Saturday - This is the big soccer day. The girls' team is scheduled to play my cousin's team. My Grandparent's have it on their calendar! Later that afternoon we'll host Spencer's 2nd Birthday Party.
● Sunday – I foresee another day of rest in our future!
● Saturday - The girls' soccer game followed by soccer pictures. Then we picked up some lunch and went to the UNO spring football game, first ever live football game for our kids. That afternoon while Spencer was napping I worked on taxes. Carie and the girls went shopping for birthday gifts. That evening we met Carie's folks for dinner.
● Sunday - A day of work outside. The lawn was mowed for the first time of the season, and hopefully that will last a while! Carie and I spent a large amount of time assembling the new swing for our play set. The girls couldn't wait for it to be up and ready to go. I don't know how many times we heard "Is it done yet?"
● Monday - The day that our Country will remember forever.
● Tuesday - Dinner with friends and their children followed by fun at a park. What a beautiful evening!
Then I still needed to file taxes, but that was my own fault! This was the first time I've ever pushed it this close to the deadline.
Oh, and we discovered why the guy hadn't aerated our lawn yet. He serviced the wrong house! So, the guy a couple houses down unexpectedly got his lawn aerated. Now these two houses are the same floor plan, but I didn't describe the house when I made the appointment. I only gave him my name, address, and phone number. Weird!
● Wednesday - Soccer followed by a late dinner then before we knew it, it was bedtime. Oh, and then at 11pm I suddenly remember that one thing we were to complete that evening... Kindergarten paperwork for the girls.
● Thursday - Parent's meeting for Kindergarten registration (more on that later). It was scheduled from 7pm-8pm. In reality, the official meeting portion of it was over shortly after 8pm. But then we could visit the classrooms and go on a school tour, which of course we wanted to do. We picked up the kids and got home shortly after 9pm.
Somewhere in this day it hit me, I think I could have used a different scenario in our taxes and I likely just shorted us a chunk o change. Later that night I plugged in some quick information and sure enough, I believe I shorted us $500 in tax return. I'll be figuring out if this new scenario is really as good as it seems and then figure out how to file an amended return!
● Today - My Grandma is having surgery this afternoon. Instead of running down and back this afternoon, we are going down tomorrow.
A stop to the library was a must. It was time to renew our membership, but I also needed to clear some (okay, a very large amount) of fines that just came about... and shouldn't have. Thankfully that is all squared away (with ease) and we have new books to read.
We also need to talk to the loan guy on what refinance offers he has to see if any of them makes sense for us. Carie called the exterminator back, those pesky ants!
This afternoon is a birthday party from 4:00 - 5:15, I think. Then we'll pick up some dinner to help mask the (highly anticipated) sugar intake. Then we'll head up to school, their "old preschool" / their "new school" (Kindergarten) for their carnival that runs from 6-9. The girls don't know about the carnival yet, but they will be so incredibly excited.
● Tomorrow morning the girls have a soccer game and then we are supposed to head to Lincoln. We are now contemplating waiting until after nap before heading down. We are also supposed to go out to dinner, in Lincoln, with Carie's sister, her husband, and several other adults (?) :) to celebrate her birthday. We are hoping to go, but the timing may not work out. We'll see how the kids are doing tomorrow.
● Sunday - I declared a day of rest. Ellie said "Mom, what do we do when we rest?" Nothing!
In reality, we'll probably get the girls to Sunday school and we'll go to Church, followed by lunch, then nap for Mr. Spencer, and nothing nothing nothing for us. But we also need to get the invites put together and sent out for Spencer's birthday party that is only 2 weeks away.
● Monday - I don't know. I foresee us working on birthday party stuff.
● Tuesday - We'll celebrate Carie's birthday!
● Wednesday - Soccer... and it happens to be our snack night. More on the whole snack thing in another post!
● Thursday - We'll celebrate Spencer's 2nd birthday!
● Friday - Spencer's 2yr well check. The rest of the day is currently open, but things change fast!
● Saturday - The girls' have a soccer game. That evening Carie and I go out, kid free, to celebrate Carie's birthday. We hope to go to dinner and we have concert tickets. We are both looking forward to this. The kids will have great quality time with Yia Yia.
We are supposed to go to my Cousin's wedding, but unfortunately we can't make it.
● Sunday - Usual Sunday routine.
● Monday – Currently unplanned.
● Tuesday – Currently unplanned.
● Wednesday - After preschool I’ll take the girls up to their new school for their hearing screening appointment.
● Thursday - Annual kid pictures, hopefully. I should call and schedule that appointment!
● Friday - Kindergarten Roundup! The girls go to Kindergarten from 9am - 11am. Unfortunately they'll miss going to preschool, but they'll have so much fun getting a taste of Kindergarten.
● Saturday - This is the big soccer day. The girls' team is scheduled to play my cousin's team. My Grandparent's have it on their calendar! Later that afternoon we'll host Spencer's 2nd Birthday Party.
● Sunday – I foresee another day of rest in our future!
Labels: Family



1 Comments:
2? You did not just say that Spencer is going to be 2 did you? Where oh where has the time gone?
Post a Comment
<< Home