Thursday, May 24, 2007

Soccer Over - For Now

Spring soccer season has come to an end. They played their final game last night, despite the pouring rain immediately prior to the start of the game and the sprinkles during the game. I'm glad we forged ahead and went to the game considering we make up 1/3 of the team!














Last night's game was also the game of the season that the girls' have been looking forward to. The Soccer Princesses (the girls' team) played The Red Hot's (my cousin's team). The sideline was filled with family members - 4 generations for our girls and 3 generations for my cousin. The 3 girls seemingly loved having everyone there for them. I know our girls were still talking about it this morning.

As usual - Spencer kept busy the entire game, going up and down the sidelines sharing in everyone's snacks. Thank goodness he had dinner before the game! Great Grandma had her orange slices (eww!), Great Uncle Mike & kids had Cool Ranch Doritos (that made him break out - definitely the ranch!), and Grandpa gave him his first piece of gum. Though Grandpa was convinced that Spencer knew what gum was since he was talking all about it. But no, it was his first piece (that we know about) and he did pretty well with it. I'm sure there were other things available since he didn't even attempt to run off during the game.

Their pizza party / awards night is next week. I think it will be fun! They are already looking forward to next season, and so are we!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

They look so great in their uniforms! How fun, I hope our soccer experience goes so well. And Spencer's snacking cracks me up!

1:08 PM, May 25, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your girls look so sharp in their uniforms!
I can't wait for maggie to play organized sports, definately soon.
Mommy is just a little lazy and can't imagine taking her to practice every day (bad mommy)
Glad Spencer enjoyed his first piece of gum. Maggie is a gum addict and would chew and swallow all day long if we let her. argh.
hugs
rae
www.backyardmusings.wordpress.com

9:28 AM, June 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home