Saturday, April 01, 2006

Ear Report Number 9,999

Friday night Ellie was in terrible pain. She was sleeping but thrashing around, something was clearly bothering her. Carie finally got her to wake enough to tell her what the matter was. Turns out, her left ear hurt. After getting some Motrin on board, she settled down for the remainder of the night.

The next morning I called as soon as the office opened. Our Pediatrician wasn't staffing the Saturday hours, but our favorite backup Ped was. I took the girls' in for Ellie's visit and thankfully the office was eerie quiet so I had him check out Abby too. We suspected Abby's persistent cough was just a bad cold/cough, but we might as well make sure while we are there. We didn’t feel it warranted a visit to the Ped’s, but since we absolutely needed to go for Ellie, why not take Abby too.

Turns out Ellie's left ear is raging. It is so bad that he talked to me about the possibility of it rupturing. Great! Yet I am amazed at how much it doesn't bother her. Outside of the previous night, she is acting completely normal. He then listened to Abby and found no signs of wheezing or crackling in her chest.


So we leave with a script for Ellie's ear and instructions to continue doing what we are doing for Abby and come back on Tuesday if it continues to be persistent.

3 Comments:

Blogger kiles1670 said...

I do hope Ellies ear is ok.
My thoughts are with you

9:54 PM, April 02, 2006  
Blogger Sonya said...

All seems to be okay. Her ear never ruptured and we now have a couple doses of antibiotic in her.

She never complains of pain and when asked she acts like... yeah, I guess it does kinda hurt.

Though we did see a few more dramatic tantrums.

8:28 AM, April 03, 2006  
Blogger Casey said...

No no no!! It's not fair. Your kids have done more than there fair share of time in ear infection hell. Poor things.

Here's hoping everyone is back to 100% soon!

1:53 PM, April 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home