Wednesday, March 29, 2006

His Eleventh Month

Our boy is 11 months old and I'm in denial.

On one hand I absolutely love watching him change before our very eyes. On the other hand I miss his long lost babyness. He has grown so fast it is simply incredible. I couldn't imagine our lives without him.

He's talking up a storm. Much of it is unrecognizable, even to us. He's got this authoritative grunt/noise, in his deepest voice possible, that he makes which cracks us up. It sounds like he's telling you off. The other end of the spectrum is his high-pitched jabber. The boy is loud! He loves saying Abby's name, but poor Ellie was feeling a bit left out I think. Those L's are really tricky though. Finally, 3 days after turning 11 months he said Ellie's name crystal clear. I think Ellie is feeling loved again. Now we need to work on Mommy.

He's still a climber and it really seems to be his nature. He's always in motion it is amazing. Between his incredible strength, his size, his constant motion, and his indecisiveness on whether to be held or not be held... it is terribly difficult to keep up with him. Thankfully though we still have our quiet cuddle time before bed where he nurses as he drifts off to sleep. There's something about the routine that allows him to wind down and be still. It is quite sweet.

I also love those few moments when it is really quiet in the house and he hears the train that is passing by. We live many blocks away from some tracks and we rarely hear a train passing. But in those perfect moments in time we can hear the trains whistle. I love the look on his face when he hears it. He stops to take note of it's sound as he looks for the source. It is a noise that intrigues him. I love that he can hear it!

His strength is incredible. He picks up everything to bring to him rather than him going to the object. It doesn't matter if it is the dogs ceramic water dish or his toy piano, he must pick it up to be at his level.

He's really gotten into dancing... or his version of dancing. We of course think it is the cutest thing ever. He's got a bit of Stevie Wonder action going on.

He's such a ham. His most favorite activity recently has got to be entertaining his sisters. He absolutely loves to do things to make them laugh. When he is successful, which is often, he then breaks out into laughter. He totally knows that they are laughing at what he is doing.

Of course, helping with all things dishwasher related and playing in the bathroom still falls in the top 10 favorite activities. He can hear that dishwasher door from 3 rooms away. The bathroom is pretty much off limits and the only way to keep him out is to keep the door closed. If the door is open he spots it faster than anyone. Since he can open and shut the toilet lid, the bathroom door is our only hope at keeping him out of the toilet. He also loves to unroll as much toilet paper as possible, play in the recently used shower, and unload items from the drawers.

4 Comments:

Blogger Casey said...

Ah yes - the bathroom. Isn't it fun? This weekend my little missy learned the joys of flushing. Toilet locks are great for keeping little fingers from opening the lid but they are just not practical when you have bigger potty trained kiddos who need easy access.

I can't believe Spencer is 11 months either. It just doesn't seem right.

10:49 PM, April 02, 2006  
Blogger Casey said...

Oh man! I just commented but blogger ate it! No fair! It was longer than this but here's the gist.....

Happy 11 month birthday to Spencer.

10:50 PM, April 02, 2006  
Blogger Casey said...

Ah ha! There it is! :)

10:51 PM, April 02, 2006  
Blogger Sonya said...

YES... toilet locks worked wonderful... when the girls' were his age.

But now, as you know, not an option. I could see a few too many accidents in front of the toilet from a couple of girls' who wait till the last second or take the extra long route to the bathroom.

8:25 AM, April 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home