Thursday, March 23, 2006

Spring Is Here And Love Is In The Air...

When I picked up the girls from school today all three kids wanted to check out the birdies in their cage. As we are standing there discussing how it would be a bad idea to open the door to the cage because the birdies would fly out and get lost one of Abby's teachers, Ms. Kim, stopped to chat with us.

We chatted for a few minutes about how the teachers had enjoyed their unexpected two snow days and then, almost as an after thought, Ms. Kim mentions that Abby has not one, but two ardent admirers in her class. In Ms. Kim's words, these two boys are head over heels in love with Abby. I, of course, want to know which two boys are pining over my little girl. Zach is one of them (I know who he is) and John is the other (I have no idea who this kid is, but Ms. Kim has promised to point him out to me).

Apparently John finagled a seat next to Abby at snack time today and was so "love sick" (again, Ms. Kim's words) that he spent all of his time staring at her and could hardly eat his cheese and crackers. According to Ms. Kim, Abby has noticed all of this extra attention from these two boys, but seems more annoyed about it than anything. She is busy trying to play and John and Zach try to play with her, but she just wants to do her own thing and doesn't really appreciate John and Zach getting in her way. That is just fine with me. If only she can maintain that attitude until she's 27 I'll be happy.

We left Ms. Kim to go out to the van. As I navigate the three kids through the parking lot a mom pulling out rolls down her window and stops to talk to me. Apparently her son, Nathan, has just informed her that Abby is his girlfriend and she thought I should know.

Oh boy...it's going to be a long time before these girls turn 27.

~ Carie

5 Comments:

Blogger kiles1670 said...

27 , how did you work out that age. :-)
I told my kids, they cant date until they are 35 hee hee

7:15 PM, March 23, 2006  
Blogger Casey said...

LOL!! This is too funny!!

11:14 PM, March 23, 2006  
Blogger gabrielle said...

oh no, will you be writing the same thing on the blog when she is 16. I always tell my girls you can date girls at 16 and boys at 30

12:07 AM, March 24, 2006  
Blogger Lois said...

Way to go Abby, that is so funny! Being on the other side I am seeing my little man smitten with the girls. Just today Sam told me that Abbey was his second girlfriend but that Maddie was still his favorite.

3:20 PM, March 24, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

Oh my, are you going to be in trouble when she gets older, lol.

1:26 PM, March 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home