Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Proud Supporters Of Our Peds Office

I've determined that we ought to automatically send $40 a week to our Peds office. Hopefully then whatever medical bills we have through them will be covered AND at the end of a calendar year we would be refunded any balance unused. We could only hope there would be a positive balance.

With last week being the exception, we have been to the doctor’s office up to 3 times a week since Thanksgiving. I think the only other healthy week we had our first ENT appointment. That's right, every stinkin' week since November of 2005.

Tubes were 2 weeks ago today so it only seemed appropriate timing to pay our Ped a visit. We had missed her! She even commented that she had missed our weekly visit.

We knew last night that a trip would be necessary. So this morning we were watching the clock tick tock until it struck 9:00 a.m., the time the office opens and becomes flooded with calls from parents frantically trying to make an appointment. We've always gotten in when/if we felt like we needed to... the same day we call. Today though we wanted to get in ASAP.

The Boy has had a rough few nights. I've been worried that "something" was going on, but we just didn't know what that "something" was until last night. After going to bed as he normally does, he woke with a bad cough. That "something" seemed to hit him all of a sudden. Carie responded to the first waking and first heard it then. I responded to the 2nd waking and heard it again. It's that barky seal sounding cough that makes you feel pain just hearing it. We looked at each other and thought, Croup?

We made it through the night. While he didn't sound good, it didn't seem to warrant a trip to the ER. Today at our Ped's visit, she easily classified it as Croup. Fortunately his chest sounds clear and we just have to wait out the virus.

The upside to all this is that he is super cuddly at night. I hope those cuddles are healing!

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Hugs to poor Spener!!! That little boy has seen way too much of your peds office.

I hope he has a better night tonight.

9:59 AM, February 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sonya,
I hope that good health is restored quickly in your house. Hugs to your adorable boy (and to his tired mommies!)
Jennifer

4:54 PM, February 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home