Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Let The Craziness Begin!

I swear... I SWEAR... our schedule is growing more out of control by the year. In the past it has generally been our summer schedule. Now craze seems to be bleeding into other seasons.

We've been enjoying some downtime after the Holiday schedule. But soon, it seems, we will be in full swing again. Looks like we better get our rears in gear with any projects we want to complete at home.

It all starts with Easter and just keeps on going.

Easter
Carie's Birthday & The Boy's 1st Birthday
A Weekend Conference (which Carie is resp for part of execution)
Cousin's College Graduation & Grandma's 80th Birthday
Mother's Day

A Free Weekend
Memorial Wknd... Family events & the first of many wedding events
The Girls' 4th Birthday
Pride Weekend
Father’s Day (Friends visiting?)
A Free Weekend (Friends visiting?)
4th of July
Birthdays, Birthdays, Birthdays…

August... whew!

This, my friends, takes us to June 17th... our next "free" weekend… which I now just realized (a week later) that that is Father’s Day weekend. We'll be leaving those last 2 weekends in June open in anticipation of our friends visiting. Unfortunately, they'll only be here one of those weekends... but it will be a great excuse as to why we aren't available the other weekend.

Oh, and my Brother & SIL are building a house which is scheduled to be completed sometime between May 1st and June 30th and I'm sure they wouldn't mind some help.

Then we are upon July where Carie's Dad and 3 of our nieces have birthday's... all a week apart. All 3 nieces are from different families and only one of those siblings plans and communicates with any notice. They are so predictable; I could probably look at a calendar and guess the day of the party. With the other two, I might as well throw darts at a calendar.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

LOL, Tracey I was thinking the same thing, a good reason I enjoy having a small family.

Sonya, I think the kids might have to get "sick" for at least a couple of those weekends. I don't know how you keep up with all that.

1:20 PM, February 16, 2006  
Blogger Sonya said...

The sad thing is is that several of the events are "our" events... things we are initiating.

The conference is a big event since Carie is involved in planning and executing it. That whole weekend is gone.

Birthday's are non-negotiable... we'll celebrate with our families and then we'll make their b-day day as special as can be. We'll also be there for our family membes b-days. There's more that we don't get together to celebrate. But the one's we do, we'll be there if folks can work together to avoid conflicting dates.

Graduation... who know's how that will play out. Relationships on that side of the family have been rocky, at best. But over the past 18 months I think things have been better.

We'll see how things play out with the holiday's. It is important for "us" that we celebrate with family but at the same time we aren't going to run ourselves silly.

On the upside, I think I've got Carie on board to paint this weekend. We shall see how far we get.

9:22 PM, February 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home