Bugs
Abby has always had an interest in bugs, butterflies, and worms too come to think of it. She likes to look for them and then investigate what they do. It is amazing to see her go from Princess to Bug Hunter in minutes.
Last night I got home late from work. When I got home they were sitting at the dinner table finishing up their meal. I received an awesome greeting from all the kids. Rather quickly Abby asked me if I wanted a bite of her bugs. Hmmmm... I see what she has on her plate and assume that she is referring to one of the remaining items. I say SURE knowing that I could end up with a cooked carrot and potentially gag.
It was at that point that Carie carefully got my attention and reassured me that I would be eating imaginary bugs. Oh well if they are imaginary bring them on! I shouldn't have been at all surprised that we were eating imaginary bugs... beetles, ants, caterpillars, ladybugs, and butterflies actually. They were peach and strawberry flavored!
Last night I got home late from work. When I got home they were sitting at the dinner table finishing up their meal. I received an awesome greeting from all the kids. Rather quickly Abby asked me if I wanted a bite of her bugs. Hmmmm... I see what she has on her plate and assume that she is referring to one of the remaining items. I say SURE knowing that I could end up with a cooked carrot and potentially gag.
It was at that point that Carie carefully got my attention and reassured me that I would be eating imaginary bugs. Oh well if they are imaginary bring them on! I shouldn't have been at all surprised that we were eating imaginary bugs... beetles, ants, caterpillars, ladybugs, and butterflies actually. They were peach and strawberry flavored!



2 Comments:
Peach and strawberry, huh? Yummy!
How cute!
Your kids are too cute. If you ever come out to DC (it would be so fun to meet your family in person!) we can introduce you to the dad of one of Claire's buddy's - he works at the Insect Zoo at the Smithsonian. He does special tours for friends and has been known to check bugs out and bring them home for playdates. I'm not a huge bug person but he's so enthusiastic that it's kind of catching, a lot of bugs are really interesting. I just love how imaginitive your girls are and how in tune with them you both are. Dinner at your house sounds really fun. :)
Jennifer, Claire's mom
Post a Comment
<< Home