Just Don’t Spill It…
In an effort to keep Abby and Ellie from bursting into Spencer’s room when I put him down for his nap they usually get to pick one of their favorite shows from the DVR list while I’m upstairs. The last few days they have found alternative forms of entertainment in my absence.
On Thursday I came down to the basement to find Abby sitting on the floor next to the removable sink insert from their play kitchen. It was full of water and a dozen or so plastic animals. Just then Ellie comes running around the corner with a hand towel so that the animals can get out and dry off and a new batch of animals can go “swimming”. They both looked at me, just waiting to see how much trouble they were in. They were having a good time, they were being careful, and the carpet was dry. I told them they could keep playing, just don’t spill it.
On Friday, as I stand at the top of the stairs just outside Spencer’s room, I see Abby standing at the kitchen table. She has a tiny pink spoon and a tiny pink bowl from the Princess Tea Set that the girls received for Christmas. As soon as she sees me, she covers the bowl with both hands and anticipates my questions with a quick, “Nothing, Mommy”. I investigate further and find the bowl half full of something that I can’t identify. I ask Abby if it is juice and her response was, “ummm, ya, juice.” I catch sight of Ellie carefully carrying the pink tea pot. I ask her what she has in the pitcher. Ellie tells me that they have my “drink”. It finally dawns on me that they have pilfered my half empty can of Diet Coke and are serving each other. There isn’t much left so I tell them to finish what they have, just don’t spill it.
~ Carie
On Thursday I came down to the basement to find Abby sitting on the floor next to the removable sink insert from their play kitchen. It was full of water and a dozen or so plastic animals. Just then Ellie comes running around the corner with a hand towel so that the animals can get out and dry off and a new batch of animals can go “swimming”. They both looked at me, just waiting to see how much trouble they were in. They were having a good time, they were being careful, and the carpet was dry. I told them they could keep playing, just don’t spill it.
On Friday, as I stand at the top of the stairs just outside Spencer’s room, I see Abby standing at the kitchen table. She has a tiny pink spoon and a tiny pink bowl from the Princess Tea Set that the girls received for Christmas. As soon as she sees me, she covers the bowl with both hands and anticipates my questions with a quick, “Nothing, Mommy”. I investigate further and find the bowl half full of something that I can’t identify. I ask Abby if it is juice and her response was, “ummm, ya, juice.” I catch sight of Ellie carefully carrying the pink tea pot. I ask her what she has in the pitcher. Ellie tells me that they have my “drink”. It finally dawns on me that they have pilfered my half empty can of Diet Coke and are serving each other. There isn’t much left so I tell them to finish what they have, just don’t spill it.
~ Carie



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home