Football
Another interesting fact about our dear boy Spencer is that he seems to have a love for football. I'm certain he has no idea what it is, and I don't know what he likes about it, but he clearly likes watching football.
Earlier this week he was having a rough time of it. Out of desperation, Carie kept trying new things to calm him down. She flipped on the TV and a football game happened to be on. He got really quiet and totally relaxed in her arms. Carie wasn't particularly interested in that game, so she flipped the channel to TLC. He immediately let her know that he did not approve of the channel flipping. She returned to the football game and he became quiet and relaxed again. So they watched football and peace was returned.
Last night he was very restless in his sleep, again. We were attempting to watch the Rose Bowl... fast-forwarding through all the re-plays and commercials in an attempt to make it through. We still didn't get through more than the first half with all the breaks we took to take care of the kiddo's. Finally around 11:00 I said this is crazy. I'll just take him to bed and see if that helps. Well, he wasn't exactly mad anymore but he wasn't sleeping either. Then I said, well... the game ought to be nearing the end. Let's watch it live and catch the last part of the game. Carie turned on the TV and there was 1:04 minutes left in the game and the score was close. Spencer caught site of the game, sat straight up in the middle of the bed, watched intently and bounced up and down with glee. He was in heaven.
Boy am I bummed there was only 1:04 left in the game. He knew when it was over and we returned to cranky boy.
Earlier this week he was having a rough time of it. Out of desperation, Carie kept trying new things to calm him down. She flipped on the TV and a football game happened to be on. He got really quiet and totally relaxed in her arms. Carie wasn't particularly interested in that game, so she flipped the channel to TLC. He immediately let her know that he did not approve of the channel flipping. She returned to the football game and he became quiet and relaxed again. So they watched football and peace was returned.
Last night he was very restless in his sleep, again. We were attempting to watch the Rose Bowl... fast-forwarding through all the re-plays and commercials in an attempt to make it through. We still didn't get through more than the first half with all the breaks we took to take care of the kiddo's. Finally around 11:00 I said this is crazy. I'll just take him to bed and see if that helps. Well, he wasn't exactly mad anymore but he wasn't sleeping either. Then I said, well... the game ought to be nearing the end. Let's watch it live and catch the last part of the game. Carie turned on the TV and there was 1:04 minutes left in the game and the score was close. Spencer caught site of the game, sat straight up in the middle of the bed, watched intently and bounced up and down with glee. He was in heaven.
Boy am I bummed there was only 1:04 left in the game. He knew when it was over and we returned to cranky boy.



3 Comments:
I have to admit - I am fascinated by the differences in boys and girls. My kids are seemingly drawn to boy things and girls things even though they have the exact same toys. I'm leaning more toward nature versus the nurture way of thinking, that's for sure. :)
Hope Spencer is feeling better today. So do you have a future quarterback there?
it was a good game. i watched the last bits of the 3rd quarter and most of the 4th quarter. hook 'em!
Post a Comment
<< Home