Saturday, January 07, 2006

Conversations with Ellie

We've had some hilarious conversations with Ellie this morning.

I'm in the bathroom this morning and Ellie comes in and tells me that she needs to go potty. So she goes about her business and I hear her telling me something about the color of potty. I tune in and we have the following dialogue:

Me: What did you say Ellie?
Ellie: My potty is yellow
Me: That's right!
Ellie: Little kids potty is yellow
Me: Everyone's potty is yellow
Ellie: No, big people's potty is brown
Me: I’m pretty sure that everyone’s potty is yellow
Ellie: No, big people’s potty is brown
Me: Oh really? (guess we'll be doing a lesson in the bathroom later today :))

Then she goes and cuddles with Mommy in bed and watches Backyardagains where the discussion of breakfast comes about. I'm certain Carie initiated the discussion. But what I heard was:

Ellie: May I have a Popsicle?
Carie: We don't have popsicles for breakfast
Ellie: May I have a Popsicle for a snack?
Carie: We could probably do that
Ellie: Then I want a snack first


I make some oatmeal for Abby and ask Ellie if she would like some. Carie says... can you serve it frozen on a stick? Nope, can't perform that trick this morning.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

She's too much!!! Hmmmm, an oatmealsicle.

8:07 PM, January 08, 2006  
Blogger Jaxson said...

lol, adult pee is brown because they don't drink enough water!!! hahaha, kids are hilarious :-)

9:07 PM, January 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home