Monday, October 24, 2005

Don't Sit On My Brownies!

Okay, it is 10:00 on Monday night.

All 3 kiddos were in bed nearly 2 hours ago. Carie left to go shopping an hour and a half ago. I got to talk with our friends who just had their baby. For anyone who knows who I'm talking about, they are doing great. Carie just returned from said shopping trip and the girls' are still awake. I was just on my way up to remind them of their job... which is to stay in bed and go to sleep! Oh, and do not wake up your brother would be the 2nd half of their job. But, if they are doing the first half the second half should be a piece of cake, right?

So we go up to their room to find and what do we find? First we notice the walk-in closet door is open and the light is on. Then we notice that they had riffled through the laundry basket that had contained clean clothes that hadn't yet made it to their dresser. Then we notice books all over the floor. Then we notice little feet hanging out from under their beds. Oh yeah, they were having a grand ole time!

Abby informed us that she was making brownies. She even offered some to us. We gratefully declined the offer and said we'd be happy to enjoy them tomorrow. I sat down on her bed to get her settled in and she told me "Don't sit on my brownies!" Oops, didn't mean to squish the brownies. Sorry, I'm sure they will still taste great... tomorrow!

I love love love that they play so wonderfully together and that they are bonding and creating lifelong memories. BUT, it is bedtime!

They've been doing a lot of imaginary play lately. They’ve really gotten into their dolls, animals... the plush variety and their little figurines. The take care of them, they cook for them and feed them. Tonight they served berries and squash for dinner. They make up stories to tell to their animals. They'll take our books and read them... moving their fingers across the page as they make up their story. They've also been playing with their train table a lot lately. It is so wonderful to play with them and it is amazing to sit back and watch them play.

1 Comments:

Blogger Estelle said...

Glad to hear that everything is well with the baby.
Did you get some brownies this morning?
I can't imagine how tempting it is to be a little girl and have your twin sister in the room with you when you don't want to sleep. How can you blame them?

9:56 AM, October 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home